Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Springfield XD hate
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Springfield XD hate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Olddog84

USA
598 Posts

Posted - November 14 2017 :  08:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, so very true! I am amazed sometimes by how we, literally, see things differently. For example, what we can see out of the car windshield is dramatically different: she can see things in the sky or up high that the roof blocks from my vision and I can see things down low and close to the car that she can't. Keeps things interesting!
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

6'2" and 4'10"? I think I'd worry more about tripping over her than the XD malfunctioning. Ace

"Somebody Tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." Malcolm Reynolds
Go to Top of Page

johns961

USA
51 Posts

Posted - November 15 2017 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two friends that have XD's. They loves them.
My problem, and it is my problem... Is that Springfield proudly advertises themselves as the oldest manufacturer of firearms in the US. And then I look at the XD's frame. And it says Made in Croatia.
No. thanks. I'll pass on this one.

John!
Go to Top of Page

enidpd804
Advanced Member

1758 Posts

Posted - November 20 2017 :  05:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know John Correia. He's an honest man and does indeed teach and participate in a lot of classes. If you watch the whole video, I think he explains it well.

Warren
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1683 Posts

Posted - November 26 2017 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's all I need to know, then. Your recommendation is gold with me, buddy.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mjolnir

USA
182 Posts

Posted - December 05 2017 :  01:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Mjolnir an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 XDs and an XDm. One, an XD40, is on permanent loan to my son. The XD9 and XDm40 alternate as my EDC. The XD9 has had a lot of lead and jacketed handloads through it, and boxes of Speer, Corbon, Remington, and Winchester jacketed stuff. I know it's not a lot compared to people who shoot much more than I do, but there were no problems (except for a few lead loads--I pulled them--that were underloaded with Unique that didn't open the slide enough). The XDm hasn't had as many rounds through it, but again no problems. The 9 got a trigger job from Powder River Precision, sweet! So I ordered parts from PRP, took the XDm apart down to the frame (except for the grip safety and mainspring), and it went back together just fine. The better trigger pulls on both of them help a lot. Love my Springfields!

"None who have always been free can understand the
terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
to those who are not free."
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5048 Posts

Posted - December 05 2017 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a discussion with a customer yesterday, we were talking about the pros and cons of various makes/models. He told me XD is good, so what more could you ask for? Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Nobby42d

USA
597 Posts

Posted - December 06 2017 :  10:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Nobby42d's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I saw the McRib video, did some research, and the XD got rave reviews from those who have put thousands of rounds down range. My XD9sc has had no issues and going head to head against my Glock 19 or 26, puts rounds on target faster. I'm mystified just how that could be, since everyone knows a high bore access pistol can't beat a low bore like the Glock in speed shooting. Guess my P229 isn't impressed with the low bore thing, either. My XD sub compact eats everything. I believe the roll pin on top of slide behind the chamber may be a weak point, but it's easily replaceable and tapered so it can only go in one way.

We've got 'em now boys! George A. Custer, June 25th,1876--Little Bighorn, Mont.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.38seconds. Snitz Forums 2000