Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Sub 200 update
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 Sub 200 update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - October 31 2017 :  12:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shot it yesterday at 25 yards with win white box and groups were under two inches. Getting used to the new trigger and contorted alignment to see the front sight. My goal is to be ready to use it across chapel sized distances.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

heavyweight

USA
781 Posts

Posted - October 31 2017 :  1:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a .40 and 9 first gen configured for Glock mags. I love them!
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  5:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all know that a pistol round out of a longer barrel, does not a rifle make. What it does do is increases the effective range of the pistol round. A average shooter is good for about 25 yards with a handgun. With a carbine that increase to approx. 85 yards.

I bought my first S2K (Gen1) in 2010. In 2011 I got a laptop bag and made a gun bag out of it. I made several post about the laptop bag here.

Recently I sold My Marlin camp, and used some of that money to buy a Gen. 2 S2K. The folding feature make the S2K unique. Also it very light. As my wife's spine gets worst, the S2K may be the only long arm she will be able to handle.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  6:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Chapel sized distances”, my question is which model of chapel.
Seriously. Ours has “stadium style “seating, with sloping floor down to the “stand”. Ours is the “Sage Plan”, as I recall is about if memory serves 130’ wide. Maybe a little less. We sit near, in fact next to one of the main exits, so we can “evacuate” while the Aints can dither and dally. I’m seriously looking at this concept for Glock 9 mags. Want to find someone in my area, I know has one to shoot. If I can ever remember who it was!
Have a decent amount of Glock 9-33 mags on hand for it. They are very popular here in Utah in .40 caliber, know a lot of young coppers that carry them in their duty war bags in addition to everything else.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  8:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chapel 30 yards wide about 55 yards deep.built about 53 years ago it's been re modeled to provide handicap access. I'd estimate the size of the chapel has not increased

Laptop bags and back packs are so common no one pays much attention to me which is just dandy. Actually, its the 3rd gun i'll go in it is happening right in front of me. If in another room the KT will be my go to gun.

Have mounted a green laser because my eye sight is failing and using the irons on the KT is an act worthy of a contortionist.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4363 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  8:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What laser did you choose?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually prefer more punch if I'm going to pack a rifle but those little pistol caliber carbines are surprisingly accurate.

I bought a couple of the Mec-Tech conversions (One for .40 S&W with Glock mags and one in Super .38 for 1911 mags) and they are quite accurate.

since most self defense situations - even the odd ones like the big church, are not extreme range a well placed pistol bullet should do the job.

Those Sub 2000s fold up right? We had a deputy who carried one in his brief case but he never had to deploy it.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  10:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ll grab my rangfinder and take it with me on Sunday. Should know, rather than me trying to”guesstimate”, since my wife suggested my guesses of late haven’t been as accurate as I would like.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  2:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a lot of looking at "long guns" I could carry in church. I've been carrying a lap top bag to church for at least the last 30 years, so no one even gives me a second look though a number of them know I carry.

The first green laser I bought cost $49.95 from Amazon and I could not see it on a black back stop at 25 yards. The one I paid $19.95 is easily seen at that distance in day light.Since it is a green one so I would not deploy it casually.

Oh, I still have the AR under some strategically positioned garbage in my car. And once again, I give Kel Tec an A for the concept but a C-/D+ for thr execution of the design.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2936 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  3:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

Evan... there are many people here that would like to know what green laser you settled on that you can see on a black background at 25 yards. Can you enlighten us?

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

795 Posts

Posted - November 04 2017 :  01:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an Aimshot red laser with a pressure switch on my Sub-2000. I am very happy with it.

I also have the same setup on my KT PLR-16.

If I remember correctly, I paid less than $50 for each set up.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2936 Posts

Posted - November 04 2017 :  3:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

Evan... there are many people here that would like to know what green laser you settled on that you can see on a black background at 25 yards. Can you enlighten us?

Evan... please tell us what green laser sight you bought that worked for you. Some of us might be interested, but we don't know what the make & model is.
Thanks!

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.2seconds. Snitz Forums 2000