StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Gun belt suggestions that resist cosmetic wear?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Gun belt suggestions that resist cosmetic wear?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - October 30 2017 :  12:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've a Galco leather gun belt I've used for some time, at least 10 years probably closer to 15 years, the belt is still very serviceable but appearance wise not so much.

The high wear spots have lost the black die or coloring on visible outside of the belt.

I've no idea how long it took for that to be issue since I only notice it when pants are off.

I'd prefer a leather one because I think they tend to look better in less casual clothing.

Though I'm thinking I should probably get one of the quality synthetic gun belts as backup.

My gf has couple of the good synthetic gun belts but I don't recall which brands.

Also does anyone know if it's practical to get my current belt touched up to improve appearance?

It hasn't been priority issue last few years because health issues forced me to stop working, but finally getting those issues controlled enough I'm looking forward to working again soon.

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1683 Posts

Posted - October 30 2017 :  02:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

One of the nice things about the leather ones is that they're easy to touch up with a little shoe polish and a rag. If the color is really rubbed off, then a little leather dye first, followed by the shoe polish.

If it's cracking, use some neatsfoot oil to treat the leather. You can then dye/polish it later, after the leather is restored.

The "Liger" belts were (are?) an all-synthetic option that won't show the wear as much, and they look a lot like leather. They're plenty stiff to support the weight.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  11:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  11:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look into getting a shark skin belt. I have heard shark skin is durable.

Rick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000