Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Wild Bill's Concealment
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Wild Bill's Concealment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - October 20 2017 :  03:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking to get a holster for a SP101 I narrowed it down to two holster makers. Lobo Gun Leather and Wild Bill's Concealment.

I have been a satisfied customer of Lobo Gun Leather in the past, having bought three holsters from Lobo before the company was sold in 2015. I have had no experience with the products crafted by the present owners.

Wild Bill's Concealment I had bookmarked some time ago. I liked what I saw on the web site and determined the Classic Speed Scabbard should fit my requirements. I placed an order for the holster August 24, 2017, paying with a credit card, which was charged that day. The holster is MTO (Made To Order) 8-10 weeks. Fine, I can wait.

I got to thinking about different circumstances of carrying, such as visiting the doctor's office or wearing suspenders instead of a belt. A paddle holster might fit the need for a J-frame .38. Wild Bill's Concealment has the Fusion Paddle holster for my gun, "7-10 biz days". I placed my order early AM September 18, 2017. My credit card was charged that day. As of this writing 10/20/2017 2:44 AM, both my orders show "Pending".

On Friday 10/6/2017 I e-mailed Wild Bill's Concealment through their web site, asking about my order of 9/18/17. I also asked if my order of 8/25/17 was still on track for the 8-10 weeks. I received no response.

I followed up with two phone calls 0n 10/12 and 10/16, both went to voicemail. I have received no response.

I did a search and came across complaints about slow delivery, excuses, lies and non-responses in regards to Wild Bill's Concealment that were posted on another forum twelve years ago. Those that did have holsters from Wild Bill's Concealment were thrilled with the products. Several of those purchased them at gun shows.

I am inclined to initiate a chargeback with Visa. What I have found so far is the business will be hit with a $75 penalty for the inquiry. I would much rather have the product I paid for in my hands in the time agreed upon at the time of the sale.

Rick

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1605 Posts

Posted - October 20 2017 :  11:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RLS, after I told a vendor, " I'm not going away or forgetting about this" I received a response. He said he had a broken leg, Blah, Blah, Blah. He then made it good. A gun dealer in Delaware was dragging his feet until I mentioned the Attorney General of Delaware. A week latter I received a check. What I'm trying to say is don't let them push you around. Leave them a message that you will contact Visa if you don't receive a reply. After 3 days file a claim and look for a new leather guy. Other options when credit cards are not involved are Attorney Generals of the various states and the US Postal Inspectors. I will say that in 40 years I have not had many problems. Good Luck, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3984 Posts

Posted - October 20 2017 :  1:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some states have specific laws covering internet fraud

you might contact the local PD and file a complaint over the phone

I had a problem with a vendor in Texas, contacted the College Station PD and filled a complaint, I was assigned an investigator, a couple of weeks later received a refund by check once I agreed to drop my complaint.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2939 Posts

Posted - October 20 2017 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RLS

Looking to get a holster for a SP101 I narrowed it down to two holster makers. Lobo Gun Leather and Wild Bill's Concealment.

I have been a satisfied customer of Lobo Gun Leather in the past, having bought three holsters from Lobo before the company was sold in 2015. I have had no experience with the products crafted by the present owners.

Wild Bill's Concealment I had bookmarked some time ago. I liked what I saw on the web site and determined the Classic Speed Scabbard should fit my requirements. I placed an order for the holster August 24, 2017, paying with a credit card, which was charged that day. The holster is MTO (Made To Order) 8-10 weeks. Fine, I can wait.

I got to thinking about different circumstances of carrying, such as visiting the doctor's office or wearing suspenders instead of a belt. A paddle holster might fit the need for a J-frame .38. Wild Bill's Concealment has the Fusion Paddle holster for my gun, "7-10 biz days". I placed my order early AM September 18, 2017. My credit card was charged that day. As of this writing 10/20/2017 2:44 AM, both my orders show "Pending".

On Friday 10/6/2017 I e-mailed Wild Bill's Concealment through their web site, asking about my order of 9/18/17. I also asked if my order of 8/25/17 was still on track for the 8-10 weeks. I received no response.

I followed up with two phone calls 0n 10/12 and 10/16, both went to voicemail. I have received no response.

I did a search and came across complaints about slow delivery, excuses, lies and non-responses in regards to Wild Bill's Concealment that were posted on another forum twelve years ago. Those that did have holsters from Wild Bill's Concealment were thrilled with the products. Several of those purchased them at gun shows.

I am inclined to initiate a chargeback with Visa. What I have found so far is the business will be hit with a $75 penalty for the inquiry. I would much rather have the product I paid for in my hands in the time agreed upon at the time of the sale.

Rick

I can understand an order taking longer than advertised. That happens.
What I cannot understand, or accept, is the lack of response to your reasonable inquiries. There is no excuse for that and it shows a serious lack of normal business ethics.

I would go right through your credit card company BEFORE the dispute period expires. I have seen some 'various companies' (not holster folks) charge a card immediately... then delay... then delay again... until the dispute period expires. Then they just keep your money.

There are other holster makers who can satisfy your requirements, and the ones I've dealt with (Don Hume, Galco, and others) have produced what I need in a prompt and honorable manner.

Don't get suckered.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
854 Posts

Posted - October 21 2017 :  10:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back when I ran a business, I developed a file of companies who's products I only purchased through third parties. Said thirdparties would make good on delivery and/or defective merchandise. Those companies got on that list through non delivery/no response that had to be resolved via an announced decision to file Federal Mail Fraud complaints.

I'm not sure what the dispute period on credit cards may be. You might want to check with your specific card issuer and get your concern on record at this point. If there's no problem with recovering from the card issuer, I'd cut them slack on the first order till 1 November. At that point, a letter, return receipt requested, inquiring about the order and giving them, till say 10 November to deliver the holster or you'll dispute the charge. I'd also cancel the second holster and dispute that also.

Supply issues do exist, in small shops machine break down and illness take their tolls. My tractor dealer had my big tractor for several months on a minor repair due to illness & vacations. Not a problem. BUT, your vendor has a history of these issues, go with minimal slack.
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva

USA
207 Posts

Posted - October 21 2017 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RLS, I bought a holster from Lobo when Ray was the owner and also ordered one from the new owners for my lefty son's Ruger SR40C. Ray did his homework and turned the business over to a good group of people. The new holster was as good as the one Ray made and it took about 6 weeks to get it. I'll continue to buy from them. They do good work!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - October 23 2017 :  11:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all input.

I wrote an e-mail to Wild Bill's Concealment yesterday with a chronolgy of the situation. By doing so I figured that it was understood I have documented the events. Tuesday October 24, 2017 was given as a deadline for either a refund or a tracking number as verification the holster (Fusion Paddle) was enroute to me. The Classic Speed Scabbard hit the 8 week mark last week, so stated either I have the holster in my possession in two weeks or cancel the order and refund my money.

I received no response. No e-mail, no phone call. I checked their website for order status. Both my orders show as "Pending".

The Fusion Paddle Holster arrived in the mail delivery this afternoon. The holster was in a clear plastice bag in a USPS mailing box. No paperwork, no apology, no "Thank you for your business".

As for the holster, it appears to well made. My gun fits, the paddle gripped the thin waistband of a pair of lounge pants. I think this will serve the purpose I had in mind when I ordered it, to quickly put on when I leave the doctors' offices. I believe I'll be able use it with suspenders, too.

Overall, I like the holster, but time and use will tell. There is no excuse for the lack of response to my inquiries when the stated shipping period had elapsed. The delay was aggravating.

fiasconva, I have three holsters Ray made for me. Glad to hear the new owners are producing the same quality. I expect my next purchase will be with Lobo.

Rick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.27seconds. Snitz Forums 2000