Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Food Storage Kits
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Food Storage Kits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1605 Posts

Posted - October 18 2017 :  11:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, one of the Conservative web sites is "pushing" the "Live Prepared " food line, a pail of dehydrated food with a 25 year storage life. They are selling 120 servings for $155 containing 24040 calories. Well 2040 divided by 120 equals...200 calories per meal. A strict weight loss diet is 1200 calories, a day. I 've criticized these storage programs in the past because they load you up with cheap carbs, rice and pasta...and salt. The LDS publishes a lot of storage information and have a store that sells supplies. I've used the LDS store to get oxygen absorbers for food storage. They were fresh not like some other places. I'm not a member but they were still nice people to deal with, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - October 19 2017 :  12:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The local LDS Family Canning Centers (most often in larger towns), do indeed offer great resources for you and your family to be more self reliant. While I am LDS, I’ve not ever seen any family Canning center where those volunteering, and everyone there IS a volunteer, do any proselyting, in fact, it’s not allowed , so no worries. We’ve always tried to store what we normally eat, and the family canning centers charge AT ACTUAL COST to each patron. So, no markups on anything they sell. It’s a great resource for those who choose to use them.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - October 30 2017 :  3:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look around some. There are several different "emergency " food dealers that offer package deals.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1605 Posts

Posted - October 30 2017 :  4:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfgang2000

Look around some. There are several different "emergency " food dealers that offer package deals.

Hi Wolfgang, I haven't seen one that wasn't a waste of money. Loaded with textured vegetable protein, TVP, made from soy beans and loaded with pasta and rice. Just my 2 cents, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - October 31 2017 :  1:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a couple 72 hr. sample packs. One was mountain house, another was patriot foods, and I can't remember the third one. Since these are "sample packs" they put the good stuff in these.

I agree with you on the big bulk sales.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - October 31 2017 :  5:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made our own, because of the high sodium content and “bleach” taste of the more well known marketers. Mountain House has some good tasting ones.,.,

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

795 Posts

Posted - November 01 2017 :  12:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We love Auguson Foods at our house. Emergency Essentials is great too. Both can be ordered online.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000