StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - I may be in trouble....
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 I may be in trouble....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - October 13 2017 :  9:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....just found out today there are GP100 .44spl's out there with 5" barrels. Told Momma, she didn't give me permission this time to jump on one.
So, either I just drool over the pictures, or I figure out a couple of guns I could part with to raise the money--or use up my pig hunt money, which would be stupid because that's the main reason I'd want one of these new revawvers (I'd likely figure out a way to carry it for social purposes, too).

Anybody remember that old hippie song 'Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?' Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 13 2017 :  9:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So... would you just be postponing the pig hunt for a year? And by doing so, giving yourself the opportunity to invest in a fine firearm that would last for darn near forever?

Don't those poor piggies deserve a year off every now and then?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
3994 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday, I fondled a GP100 three inch .44 Special in one of the local emporiums “just on a whim”. Found it to be “rather interesting”, so far; and that feeling has not abated yet!

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2917 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two most powerful, and sometimes troublesome, words in the male of the species vocabulary are "I want".

They can lead to great things, or disaster. But, they remain the most powerful. I know, BTDT

If the 'itch' persists you may as well scratch it... because you will be miserable until you do. I love GP-100s. Have three of them, and even helped design their Match Champion. A 5-inch .44 Spl sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I don't start 'itching' because I can't figure out where that gun would fit into my requirements.

But, like I said, "I want" can be a powerful force.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on October 14 2017 12:54:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, no, they don't deserve a break. I wish there was a place close by where I didn't have to pay to hunt them; maybe I could do it enough to get tired of it. 'Us guys' have paid good money at least once a year for a long time to get away for a few days and put pork in the cooler, but this year we missed out. I'm going into withdrawal, and we don't get to go again until next April. I found a place that has pig-picture targets, but it ain't the same.

Malcolm, go ahead and get it, you won't be sorry--and if you are, maybe we could talk.... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  1:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

The two most powerful, and sometimes troublesome, words in the male of the species vocabulary are "I want".

They can lead to great things, or disaster. But, they remain the most powerful. I know, BTDT

If the 'itch' persists you may as well scratch it... because you will be miserable until you do. I love GP-100s. Have three of them, and even helped design their Match Champion. A 5-inch .44 Spl sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I don't start 'itching' because I can't figure out where that gun would fit into my requirements.

Keep figuring, Chris... the male brain is also quite 'gifted' at 'discovering' a 'good reason' why that thing you want is really something you need....

Googling 'Ruger GP100 44 Spl 5" tss warehouse 1765' will link you to a pic of one you can make your very own for less than $595.... study the photo.... what a good-looking gun!

Now close your eyes.... visualize yourself holding it.... shooting it....

Can you feel those requirements.... expanding...?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  1:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

Bill, no, they don't deserve a break. I wish there was a place close by where I didn't have to pay to hunt them; maybe I could do it enough to get tired of it. 'Us guys' have paid good money at least once a year for a long time to get away for a few days and put pork in the cooler, but this year we missed out. I'm going into withdrawal, and we don't get to go again until next April. I found a place that has pig-picture targets, but it ain't the same.

Malcolm, go ahead and get it, you won't be sorry--and if you are, maybe we could talk.... Ace

Ace, at some point you may want to casually mention to Mama that the latest scientific research has pretty much proven beyond any doubt that PHWS--- pig hunt withdrawal syndrome--- can, and often does, have very serious consequences.... the unfortunate victim finds it hard to concentrate, has difficulty sleeping, is easily distracted, becomes despondent, morose, withdrawn... as you can see, at that point the entire extended family is being adversely affected by this terrible affliction!

Not only that, the longer it persists, the worse the symptoms get! So waiting until April would be completely irresponsible, not to mention highly inconsiderate to your loved ones!

Fortunately, research has also discovered that buying a new handgun often leads to a complete cure.... and is much cheaper in the long run than letting PHWS go untreated....

Edited by - LittleBill on October 14 2017 3:51:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

635 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  1:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

So that's how I've been making these things happen over the years
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2917 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

Keep figuring, Chris... the male brain is also quite 'gifted' at 'discovering' a 'good reason' why that thing you want is really something you need....

Googling 'Ruger GP100 44 Spl 5" tss warehouse 1765' will link you to a pic of one you can make your very own for less than $595.... study the photo.... what a good-looking gun!

When I was growing up as a kid, you were what my Mother referred to as a 'Real Bad Influence' and preferred I not associate with. How times change[

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mom used to use that same phrase...

Edited by - LittleBill on October 14 2017 3:43:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - October 14 2017 :  6:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent the day working alone, and not a lot of customers. So, spent some time on Gunbroker getting ideas on what to ask for some stuff if I decide sell enough to 'scratch that itch'. If I can bring myself to part with a couple of things, I just might could accomplish something positive. Of course, after anything gets sold, within a month something will come up where I need just that thing.....
I hate having to decide things sometimes. Ace

Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  12:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So Bill if your mom wouldn't let you associate with yourself, that may answer a lot of things about you

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1668 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  02:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man! That Lipseys 5" gun looks wonderful! I'm glad they did it in blue--looks super! Ace, move over and make some room in the doghouse for me.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
4974 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  07:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"It's a poor mind that can't figure out a reason to do what it wants to do" - the late Ann Richards, former governor of Texas.

Probably the only thing she ever said that I agreed with.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9411 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  10:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace - gee thanks. Now we might both be in trouble

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  3:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

quote:

So Bill if your mom wouldn't let you associate with yourself, that may answer a lot of things about you

True.

The good part was, I could always point to the mirror and say, “It wasn’t my fault. He made me do it!”

And it still has its advantages: just the other day I found myself looking in the mirror and shaking my head: “Man, that guy has put on a lotta weight! Sure glad I don’t look like that!”

Edited by - LittleBill on October 15 2017 3:58:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2917 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  4:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

quote:

True.

The good part was, I could always point to the mirror and say, “It wasn’t my fault. He made me do it!”

And it still has its advantages: just the other day I found myself looking in the mirror and shaking my head: “Man, that guy has put on a lotta weight! Sure glad I don’t look like that!”

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  5:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - October 15 2017 :  9:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed at Jr. High reunions how many of those cute kids have...uh...changed.

Well, I've put a couple of things up for sale, and thinking about a couple more. If they go, I'll just have to take it as a sign from above, and...well, you know. Ace

Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
837 Posts

Posted - October 21 2017 :  10:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, several years after high school graduation I ran into the first girl in our class who "got a shape". Mary Grace still had a shape, but it closely resembled a Christmas tree.

I recently had my own want/need experience, but it involved a round butt, heavy barrel K frame in .38. After much soul searching (and wallet examination), I rescued a neglected and abused (by Bubba the gum smit) 64-5 from possible further degradation and exploitation. Bubba didn't ruin but a very few parts, but I'd forgotten about the essential accessories. Still it's been fun.

Edited by - WR Moore on October 21 2017 10:41:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nanuk

USA
813 Posts

Posted - November 13 2017 :  12:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Nanuk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If they would have made it a magnum..... I will keep my 69 Smith.

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." Gen. George Patton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.28seconds. Snitz Forums 2000