StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Autoloader gunfight failures?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Autoloader gunfight failures?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

exfed2002
Advanced Member

1221 Posts

Posted - November 28 2017 :  12:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

he told me to take my pick and he'd cut me deal when we were down cleaning the filthy things.

It's not just guns!

My old Italian tailor used to complain to me all the time about customers who would bring dirty clothes to him for alterations because they figured they would clean them afterwards..........

"The answer is there is no answer."
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - November 28 2017 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember a picture of a federal swat guy shortly after 9/11 on the cover of Newsweek with his Aimpoint on backwards!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

exfed2002
Advanced Member

1221 Posts

Posted - November 28 2017 :  1:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I remember a picture of a federal swat guy shortly after 9/11 on the cover of Newsweek with his Aimpoint on backwards!

We still laugh about the guy who put his vest on over his firearm so he couldn't get to it........

"The answer is there is no answer."
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5048 Posts

Posted - November 28 2017 :  5:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a wallpaper picture in my file of a cop from some big NE city, holding her AR15/M16 ready to shoot up a building or somebody in it---with the magazine in backwards. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - November 29 2017 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

Got a wallpaper picture in my file of a cop from some big NE city, holding her AR15/M16 ready to shoot up a building or somebody in it---with the magazine in backwards. Ace

I used to use that picture in a power point - she is actually covering a suspect - or at least thinks she was.

I am not sure it was NYC but it was up in the Northeast.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!

Edited by - Jim Higginbotham on November 29 2017 07:37:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

638 Posts

Posted - November 29 2017 :  09:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And here I thought those pictures were all staged fakes.
Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
781 Posts

Posted - November 29 2017 :  12:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coincidentally I recently changed my off duty firearm from LC9S to LCR .38 loaded with Buffalo Bore. Why? For a couple of the very reasons listed here. Switched out the grip to something smaller for concealability. Of course it is backed up by LCP II. Reloads for both.
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2234 Posts

Posted - December 03 2017 :  12:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Was the green crud corrosion or mold?

2) Evan, what weight Mobil 1 do you run in your guns?

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5048 Posts

Posted - December 03 2017 :  1:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not Evan, but I did learn the 'Mobil 1' trick from him. When I need more, I get that special weight; it's called 'On Sale'. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2938 Posts

Posted - December 03 2017 :  4:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also not Evan, but I do want to thank him for acquainting me with Mobil One synthetic oil. The version I use is V Twin 20w50w. According to Mobil it was designed for air-cooled motorcycle engines.

A semi-auto firearm, handgun or rifle, is nothing more than an air cooled reciprocating engine.

It's thick enough to stay where you put it, and a quart bottle is likely a lifetime supply.... you don't need much to get things done. I dole some out into a small oilier bottle and that lasts for months... even shooting 3 or 4 matches a month.

I don't use it for delicate work, like lubing trigger groups, but it works fine for everything else.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on December 03 2017 4:14:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
781 Posts

Posted - December 04 2017 :  09:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

I'm also not Evan, but I do want to thank him for acquainting me with Mobil One synthetic oil. The version I use is V Twin 20w50w. According to Mobil it was designed for air-cooled motorcycle engines.

A semi-auto firearm, handgun or rifle, is nothing more than an air cooled reciprocating engine.

It's thick enough to stay where you put it, and a quart bottle is likely a lifetime supply.... you don't need much to get things done. I dole some out into a small oilier bottle and that lasts for months... even shooting 3 or 4 matches a month.

I don't use it for delicate work, like lubing trigger groups, but it works fine for everything else.

20w50 is what I use on my V-Twin.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.41seconds. Snitz Forums 2000