Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mossberg 590 Shockwave
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Shotgun Center
 Mossberg 590 Shockwave
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Target Sports online, $369, free shipping.

I sprung for one. Short, handy little gun: 12 gauge, 5 + 1, 14" barrel, 26" oal. Not subject to NFA restrictions.

Clint Smith on Youtube demonstrates how easy it is to shoot accurately out to 10 yards once you figure out how to hold it out in front of you and sight over the top.

For close-range/across-the-room/in-home self-defense, it seems hard to beat.

I'm starting to think of it as the ideal home-decorating accessory: ideally, I'd have one in every room.... Easily fits in a drawer or cupboard or on a closet shelf.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on August 11 2017 7:59:29 PM

gw
Advanced Member

3979 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  8:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
push with the front hand, pulll with the back

load low recoil buck/slugs

perfectly usable out to 25 yards, maybe better

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  9:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handier in close quarters than a rifle, more punch too

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  09:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When will they come out with a holster for it? Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IWB carry might be a bit awkward.... but 'tactical leg-drop' OWB holsters at 3 and 9 o'clock would seem to work nicely.... and for a BUG, a scabbard worn across your back like a quiver....

Edited by - LittleBill on August 12 2017 11:15:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  11:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would certainly add a new dimension to the challenge of 'dressing around your guns' ....

Edited by - LittleBill on August 12 2017 11:16:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2917 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

It would certainly add a new dimension to the challenge of 'dressing around your guns' ....

You could always wear one of those Afgani 'man dresses' with some artfully applied, and custom-done velcro fasteners. That would certainly solve the concealment issue... although it might create others

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3979 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  11:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got one these things, as a hangun, hard to hide

as a shotgun, not so much

with the barrel off fits right in my duffle bag, could go in and out of a motel room if you want to......

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  3:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

You could always wear one of those Afgani 'man dresses' with some artfully applied, and custom-done velcro fasteners. That would certainly solve the concealment issue... although it might create others

Yes!

Paired with a fake beard and a turban... it would definitely give my co-workers something to talk about.... "Hey, I'm choosing to identify as an Afghan.... any problems with that? Are you some kind of a xenophobic racist or something....?"

Granted, it might impair my mobility somewhat... but it's not like I'm doing a lot of leaping around now....

And--- bottom line--- I certainly wouldn't feel undergunned....

I'd have to make sure my tail-lights were functioning, as my new style of dress probably would make an encounter with LE somewhat more complicated....

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by - LittleBill on August 12 2017 5:49:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4311 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  5:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

i got one these things, as a hangun, hard to hide

as a shotgun, not so much

with the barrel off fits right in my duffle bag, could go in and out of a motel room if you want to......

Yeah, the Shockwave easily fits in a 'normal'-size suitcase, gym bag, duffel, or backpack.

Edited by - LittleBill on August 12 2017 5:35:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34096 Posts

Posted - August 13 2017 :  12:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Kel Tec Sub 2000 foldable carbine that takes .40 cal Glock mags will fit in a lap top bag and doesn't launch multiple projectiles that can tag unintended targets and if forced to be shot one handed will not require surgery.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.33seconds. Snitz Forums 2000