StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - How Carry iPhone on a Gun Belt?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 How Carry iPhone on a Gun Belt?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fsilber

USA
512 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  2:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most phone cases have little belt clips. The one on the iPhone I was just given allows for a 1.5" belt, but the clip won't close over a double-thickness belt, so the holder can be knocked off the belt all too easily.

Until now I've carried a little dumb phone in a little camera bag that my belt threads through, but it is inconvenient and error-prone to answer the phone quickly. I don't want to risk fumbling and dropping an iPhone, and I don't know whether I'll find a similar bag large enough for an iPhone anyway.

I suppose one option is a single-thickness horsehide belt, but I don't feel like spending the money when I have a new perfectly good double-thickness gun belt.

What do you guys use to carry your phones?

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2939 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fsilber

Most phone cases have little belt clips. The one on the iPhone I was just given allows for a 1.5" belt, but the clip won't close over a double-thickness belt, so the holder can be knocked off the belt all too easily.

Until now I've carried a little dumb phone in a little camera bag that my belt threads through, but it is inconvenient and error-prone to answer the phone quickly. I don't want to risk fumbling and dropping an iPhone, and I don't know whether I'll find a similar bag large enough for an iPhone anyway.

I suppose one option is a single-thickness horsehide belt, but I don't feel like spending the money when I have a new perfectly good double-thickness gun belt.

What do you guys use to carry your phones?

How difficult would it be to change the belt clip on the phone case, or replace it with a leather snap belt clip like the Milt Sparks Summer Special holster uses? I think that would be much preferable to changing gun belts.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Foxtrot

204 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  4:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use an Otter Box to protect my cell phone. The Otter Box is huge and pricey, but it does protect the phone. The Otter Box clips securely to my gun belt.
Go to Top of Page

fsilber

USA
512 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

How difficult would it be to change the belt clip on the phone case, or replace it with a leather snap belt clip like the Milt Sparks Summer Special holster uses? I think that would be much preferable to changing gun belts.

I see no means of detaching the belt clip from the phone clip that came with my phone. Are you suggesting I break it off and then some how glue a new clip on?
Go to Top of Page

fsilber

USA
512 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  8:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Foxtrot

I use an Otter Box to protect my cell phone. The Otter Box is huge and pricey, but it does protect the phone. The Otter Box clips securely to my gun belt.

Is your gun belt two-ply leather (e.g. 1/4" thick)?

The belt clip that came with the phone "looks like" the ones I see on Otter Box website, but the clip won't work for that. Actually, my newest belt is 1.75" wide, which won't even fit the length of my clip.

Do any stores sell Otter Box phone cases, that I could try to clip it to a belt?
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Foxtrot

204 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  10:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wear Ted Blocker fully lined gun belts. They are 1.5" wide and .25" thick. I measured the clip on the Otter Box, and a 1.75" X 1.5" belt would be too wide for the clip.
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  10:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second vote for the Otter Box brand. I've not YET had any issues....

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

monte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - July 24 2017 :  11:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a nylon case with 2 snapping belt loops for my iphone. They are out there. Don't remember where I found it.

Monte
Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1425 Posts

Posted - July 25 2017 :  9:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Nite-Ize case I bought at Tractor Supply. It carries my iPhone/Otterbox on either a Wilderness 1 3/4 nylon belt or a Simply Rugged heavy leather belt.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - July 26 2017 :  08:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's gotta be a zillion phone cases/carriers out there; maybe keep looking til you find one that fits your belt and is quickly accessible.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000