Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - HOT weather
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 HOT weather
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5252 Posts

Posted - July 22 2017 :  9:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While we love our A/C and dread the electric bills, a power outage such as a simple "Brown out" due to transformer problems to a large scale Blackout for different reasons could cripple some.

Got your generator ready to run? gas? That freezer full of food would spoil before you know it.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5049 Posts

Posted - July 23 2017 :  1:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somebody--never mind who--noted in Sunday School that this last week has been hot enough to make a guy glad he's a Christian.
Or hot enough to make you think global warming is real. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - July 26 2017 :  11:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

Somebody--never mind who--noted in Sunday School that this last week has been hot enough to make a guy glad he's a Christian.
Or hot enough to make you think global warming is real. Ace

I think it would have to get a lot hotter to make me think the latter - when it gets hot I recall all the days in the summer when I was a child we would have 2 or three days in july and a few more in August that topped 100 and we had never heard the term "Heat index".

The difference was we did not have A/C - The first time I ever lived in a house with A/C was 1964 or '65 and the first car with A/C we had was around 1968 (it was a used '66 Buick Wildcat).

These days though, sadly, I can't take the humid 90 degree weather which has always been with us in the Ohio Valley during the summer.

I'm afraid I've become a wimp

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - July 26 2017 :  3:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we're all wimps compared to how tough our ancestors had to be!

Reading about Stonewall Jackson's army, out in the weather all winter long, in the cold rain and sleet and snow, no tents or sleeping gear--- the lucky ones had wool overcoats and shoes--- then marching 50 miles into a raging battle.... towards the end, fighting for a cause they must have known was lost, but they kept on.... do they make men like that any more?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on July 26 2017 3:57:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - July 26 2017 :  7:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
took my grandson, Javin to the range today. Pleasantly cool instead of the 90 + we've experienced recently. Raining but we were under a roof and he enjoyed shooting my KT .40 carbine with the green laser.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000