Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Vegan uprising
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Vegan uprising
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WR Moore

USA
852 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  2:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else see the video of the demonstrators who, armed with a knife, chased kids into fast foot joints? The kids were dressed kinda like chickens or cows depending upon restaurant chain with the adult pretending to stab them.

They seem to have fled before the local law arrived, but had there been an armed individual on site, things could have become real messy. I fully agree with Evan's intervention policy, but looking up from one's lunch and seeing someone with a large knife approaching would tend to get your attention.

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5045 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  3:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a movement amongst the Lefties towards violence--not just nut jobs like the baseball practice shooter, but actually tending towards classes on violence. Some have been couched as 'self defense' preparations for when they're out doing their 'peaceful protests'--you know, burning buildings, beating up disagree'ers, closing streets and such--well, they need to be able to protect themselves from those vicious, violent, whatever-phobic Trump supporters. Hannity had a gal on the other night talking about some class she's doing on 'defensive' exercises; I didn't get to see it all, but she's goofy.

Something like an adult chasing a child with a knife--dressed like a chicken or not--can be expected to bring intervention from somebody; then just wait for the brouhaha from MSM. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2937 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  4:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knife wielding.. blood spattered (even if it was fake blood, who can tell)... chasing a child with knife visible would = DEAD in my neck of the woods. And, if the State's Attorney was stupid enough to bring charges, the jury verdict would likely have him/her seeking a new job after the next election.

I suspect the decision to press charges would largely be based upon the prevailing 'community values'. You might be screwed in SF, NY, or MA... but in my neck of the woods you would walk.

And... mischeivious thought... you might find a lawyer willing to sue the parent organization that put those fools up to that stunt for the 'emotional distress' your perfectly normal American male response to this obvious massacre (and aren't Islamic terrorist attacks in the news almost daily?) caused you to do... and the subsequent stress resulting.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on July 13 2017 4:36:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  5:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have yet to even SEE a "practicing Vegan" in my neck of the woods of late. I infrequently venture into or through the drive-thru of some fast food places IF, I am famished, and nothing else around looks "safe".
Were a knife wielding person were to consciously and willingly advance on me with a drawn knife, I would be hard pressed to NOT ventilate the costume and what lies underneath. As far as "chasing me" anywhere, with my knees, now, being "chased" is not something I am want to do. Being "chaste" is far easier at least at this point in my life. Locally, just read a news article about a known creeper who followed three younger girls who wisely fled into a Subway for assistance. They got it from a female employee who snapped a photo of the creeper as well as his license plate, being rather bold. Turns out the creeper has a long history of crimes against children, and being an active parolee.
He is lucky she didn't choose to ventilate him.(and his mugshot looks fairly "normal", too.) So, costume or not, vegan or not, arming one's self and advancing on any person in a threatening manner because of a food choice, pretty much guarantees to me at least, you chose what is most likely going to happen to you.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2937 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  6:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point. They could themselves easily wind up as a part of the food chain they are protesting. At least, they would be for the worms.

In my Neck O' The Woods... ya gotta be a really special kinda stupid to run into a fast food place with a knife in yer hand, chasin' some kinds, and 'spect the local folks to just laugh at your frolics

I mean, we're talking about a complete 'upper level not of this world' kinda stupid. The kinda stupid that you almost never see, except on some college campuses, or maybe from a few Democrat politicians.

I wonder if... as they lay there gasping their last from a couple of JHPs to the COM... do they ask, with their last breath, for their Play DOH, coloring books, and puppies?

Just ramblin'

Edited to correct my spelling on "ramblin'" I had a few too many Ms and Ns in there, and didn't want Jim to feel bad.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on July 13 2017 6:43:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4364 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe in 'meccas of cluelessness'--- which, if I'm not mistaken, is a necessary prerequisite for 'veganism'--- like Seattle or San Francisco, fools pulling stupid stunts like that wouldn't be in any danger of getting shot; since no 'right-thinking progressive'--- I know, a contradiction in terms--- would be caught dead carrying a loaded firearm.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4364 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  7:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

Good point. They could themselves easily wind up as a part of the food chain they are protesting. At least, they would be for the worms.

In my Neck O' The Woods... ya gotta be a really special kinda stupid to run into a fast food place with a knife in yer hand, chasin' some kinds, and 'spect the local folks to just laugh at your frolics

I mean, we're talking about a complete 'upper level not of this world' kinda stupid. The kinda stupid that you almost never see, except on some college campuses, or maybe from a few Democrat politicians.

I wonder if... as they lay there gasping their last from a couple of JHPs to the COM... do they ask, with their last breath, for their Play DOH, coloring books, and puppies?

Just ramblin'

Edited to correct my spelling on "ramblin'" I had a few too many Ms and Ns in there, and didn't want Jim to feel bad.

Or would they--- realizing they had only moments to live--- suddenly come to their senses: "Ohhh.... what the heck! Before you call the ambulance--- bring me a double cheeseburger with bacon!"

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on July 13 2017 7:21:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2234 Posts

Posted - July 16 2017 :  11:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little Bill,
Lotsa CCWs in WA State. The bad guy chasing a kid with a knife in The Peoples' Republik of Seattle just might encounter a "Normal" from the Hinterlands who never goes to the big city without a piece or 2 (or maybe even 3). I know I don't, but then again I read Evan's article so somebody else can stick their face into it.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.2seconds. Snitz Forums 2000