StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Driving School?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Driving School?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - June 18 2017 :  05:23:08 AM  Show Profile
One of the items that's been on my To Do list for long time is to get something like excutive chauffeur/executive protection driving class in, with my significant other.

Don't think it's much different than LE vehicle training except perhaps for more counter surveillance stuff.

Just looking for suggestions on what schools & instructors to consider?

I'm aware of Scotti and maybe one or two other buried in my notes.

But don't have anything very current on the topic, I'm not a racing enthusiast.

Though on somewhat related note we, gf & myself, plan to do casual Road Rally together.

IMHO the Rally is good practice for bugout or navigation in unfamiliar territory.

From SCCA:
quote:
RoadRally is a scenic drive with a purpose, a chance to enjoy a day with a friend, the least expensive form of motorsport and as one participant described it, “The most intense thing I have ever done.”

Considering that his, “most intense thing” was done on a public road without ever breaking any laws in a car with absolutely no modifications – it’s clear that RoadRally is much more than a simple phrase can describe.

Because events do not involve speed, teams do not need specialized equipment for their car. Although there are classes for vehicles with RoadRally-specific equipment on them, often teams will do the events with only pens, paper and a wristwatch. On the rare occasion the RoadRally is held at night, a small flashlight might be needed. Entry fees for the events are typically less than $40, and often events will even have classes for RoadRally novices.

RoadRally starts months in advance when organizers plan a route for teams to follow, determine safe and legal speeds for each portion and then write up step-by-step instructions on where to drive using distance, landmarks or even mystery-style clues for teams to follow.

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - June 18 2017 :  3:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Scotti was bought out and I have no idea as to the quality

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - June 19 2017 :  3:38:20 PM  Show Profile
quotes from other sources HAVE to be submitted for approval.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000