StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - S2K computer bag lay out.
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 S2K computer bag lay out.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - June 12 2017 :  3:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evan a week or so ago I saw one of your FB post, where you were pondering what else to put into your S2K computer bag.

I wouldn't presume to "instruct" you, but I could describe how I set my bag up you might glean an idea or 2 that you hadn't thought of yet.

We are on the same page with the First aid supplies. Since I'm on lots of blood thinners, I went heavy on the blood stopper items. I included some smaller blood stopper Band-Aids for those little bobos. All of this went into one of those red pencil bags from wally world.
In the same pocket I have a fixed blade knife. I took 2 Uzi mag pouches. 1 of those I left long. I cut the top and the belt hardware off. I burnt and sealed frayed canvas with a fabric glue. I did the same to the second pouch but I cut in short for pistol mags. I put some "industrial" strength Velcro on the pouches and the bag and stuck it all together.

The next pocket forward has organizing pockets. I have a broad tip blue marker, flex cuffs, chemical light sticks, flashlight and spare batteries, a cleaning/maintenance kit, sonic style ear plugs, a pair of N95 mask, and a small zip lock bag with some hard candy and cough drops.

Water. I use to keep 4 8oz "life boat" water pouches in the very front pocket. I felt it made the front of the bag poke out too far, so I removed them. I'm currently looking for a water bottle pouch to attach to the out side.

One last point on my cleaning/maintenance kit. From my army days to present I like solid rods. I found a 9MM handgun cleaning kit at a craft store on line. It fit in one of those green G3 plastic box's. I bought 3 of them to have enough rods to deal with the S2K. I also have a 9MM rupture case extractor.

Like most I don't count the S2K as my first line long arm. But if it ends up being my only long arm I want to keep it working.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - June 12 2017 :  7:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some great ideas. I've got two bail out bags for the wofe and I. They're both heavy on serious 1st aid stuff. Ammo for her's is primarily .38 +p for her 640 Smith and a couple of mags for her AR. Other stuff is significantly different than the lap top bag. It is primarily a unobtrusive carrier for my .40 KT carbine and the carbine's purpose is to get me to the AR. The future? It's gonna be educational on several levels.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000