Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Kel Tec Sub 2000 upgrade
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 Kel Tec Sub 2000 upgrade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - April 25 2017 :  1:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought the Mcabo trigger upgrade and have bribed a friend from church with ammo to help me install it. It includes an aluminum trigger, aluminum trigger guard, spring kit, and heavy duty screws. Reduces trigger pull from 10 lbs to 5+ lbs.

My coordination has never been great so he's going to "help" just like the neighborhood kids "helped" Tom Sawyer pain that fence.

All that it needs after that is a hi viz front sight which I already had in my AR parts box.

Potentially, this is a great gun but really needs a few improvements because I'll trust my or anyone's else's life on it.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

JD

USA
102 Posts

Posted - April 25 2017 :  3:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just put the same MCarbo parts in my 9mm Sub 2000 Gen 2, along with their steel screw posts. I also polished the engagement surfaces of the sear and hammer. Trigger pull is now about 6 pounds. Not crisp, but very smooth and kind of like a stock trigger pull on a Glock, and certainly MUCH more usable then the original trigger pull of 10 pounds where the trigger moved 1/4" and stopped, then moved again several times as you pulled harder. I really like the aluminum trigger and trigger guard over the original plastic parts. I think that you will be pleased when it's all put together....

JD
Go to Top of Page

jlwilliams

USA
238 Posts

Posted - April 27 2017 :  09:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the Sub 2000 concept, but I've always had my doubts about it. Now, I dont have one and have only handled a couple of them, so this is speculation on my part. Do you think they are really rugged enough to count on?
Go to Top of Page

JD

USA
102 Posts

Posted - April 27 2017 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they rugged enough to be a military battle weapon? No, I don't think so for the abuse military weapons receive. Can you drive a truck or tank over it and still have it function? Probably not. Is it rugged enough for anything that I would ever put one through, including as a personal protection arm or end of the civilized world as we know it arm? Yes, I believe that they are. Lots of plastic, but then so do Glocks, S&Ws, FNs, etc. I've had mine completely apart and can say that they are a very simple and robust design, very reliable and well thought out. Parts are actually pretty stoutly made, even though many of them are made of plastic. Straight blow-back, so not a lot to go wrong. Mine feeds from Glock mags, which are well proven and ultra reliable. I have no qualms about relying on mine as a combat weapon, and realistically it is more capable than just a handgun out to 150 yards, or so, and shares common mags with the Glock handgun I'd probably be carrying. Of course, I'd rather have a quad 50, but it won't fold up into a flat package that's 16" long and 7" wide and 1.25" thick that will fit under my car seat and I can snap open in about 2 seconds.....

Just my 2 cents..... And worth every penny!!!!!!

JD
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - April 27 2017 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a single purpose for mine. I can carry it where I cannot carry an AR. I still have an AR in my car and IF I get to it the KT foldable carbine will have done its job!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - April 27 2017 :  8:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a step up in civilian concealed carry: hides like a pistol, shoots like a carbine, uses the mags you're already carrying.

That would appear to be it's intended 'niche'.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on April 27 2017 9:18:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
4992 Posts

Posted - April 28 2017 :  08:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

Sounds like a step up in civilian concealed carry: hides like a pistol, shoots like a carbine, uses the mags you're already carrying.

That would appear to be it's intended 'niche'.
When you think about being out and about on a day to day basis, that's a pretty big niche.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - April 28 2017 :  08:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed. In my ideal world, every law-abiding citizen would be carrying a 'laptop' bag....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  5:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The folding feature of the S2K puts in a class by itself. I've been carrying mine in a laptop bag since 2010. It's never raised a eyebrow. Whether in a mall or going from car to motel room I don't get a second look.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000