Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Issued new G19
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Issued new G19
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

bso900p
Average Member

USA
365 Posts

Posted - March 20 2017 :  5:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.... was issued a new G19 today to replace my 22. We'll see how the 9 does against the 40 I guess. (Actually, I hope I never have to... but you know what I mean.)

Rexster

USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  9:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Rexster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Train with your G19; it will be a bit different in your hands than the larger G22. I would not worry about the 9mm part. I voluntarily switched to 9mm, about a month after my chief OK'ed 9mm as a primary duty cartridge, because, well, recoil and muzzle flip were becoming significant issues for my aging hands. I like to train with ammo about as powerful as my duty/carry ammo, and .40 was, cumulatively, too much to tolerate well anymore. (I carried a .44 Magnum duty sixgun during my probationary year, and "downgraded" to .41 Magnum the next year. I used to think recoil was fun, in the Eighties.)

My G22-to-G19 transition was actually G22-to-P229R-to-G17/G19. The G22-to-P229 transition was voluntary. John Farnam had blogged favorably about the then-new DAK trigger, and when I finally got to handle a P229R DAK, I appreciated the better fit, and the long-stroke trigger being so similar to that of a good DA revolver, and so I bought it. I set my SIG aside, after eleven years of duty carry, because it was a .40, and because the higher bore axis, typical of SIG, increase muzzle flip, all else being equal. The newer Gen4 Glocks fit me better than my previous Glocks, which were Gen3.

The newer Ford Explorer-based Police Interceptors caused me to suddenly favor the G19 in my duty holster. Our fleet of Tahoes is being reduced by attrition, so some nights I must not only use a new smaller Ford, but if FTO-ing, must let the PPO drive three shifts, of five, a week. Bailing quickly from the passenger side of the Fords is noticeably more difficult, for me, when wearing a full-sized duty pistol. (I wear pants with a 34" to 35" inseam.)

Be safe out there!

Have Colts, will travel

Edited by - Rexster on May 11 2017 9:21:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000