Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Trading for a Glock
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Trading for a Glock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 10 2017 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I get back to MI I'm trading the P226, a customized Mosin Nagant and some ammo and other stuff for a gen 3 Glock 22, a Kel Tec sub 2000 second generation carbine in .40 S&W that takes Glock mags and some related stuff. It would fold with a mag in it and its overall length when folded is a tad over 10" and several men at church carry their scriptures and manuals in a back pack. Nah, it ain't an AR, but with .40 DPX over chapel sized distances I think it will be the berries. Eventually, I'll add a red dot and an stronger trigger guard. Will chrono the .40 loads out of the carbine and report here.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2939 Posts

Posted - February 10 2017 :  3:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful what red dot you get for "serious social purposes". They sit for a long time... but absolutely MUST work when you need them. I would humbly suggest you take a look at one of the Trijicon RMRs in that role.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - February 10 2017 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read somewhere that Kel Tec is coming out with a 'universal' version of the Sub 2000: that will come with an assortment of mag well inserts that allow it to be used with all the different pistol mags the older versions took.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on February 10 2017 5:00:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5252 Posts

Posted - February 10 2017 :  10:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evan just a thought, but I put a green laser on one of my AR's and fell in love with it. Indoors, it still showed up well and a red dot may work well for some, but I put a compact low power scope and the light/green laser and that Bushmaster has shot well and held up.

Let me know how that KelTec does, I want a compact 9mm carbine....

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - February 11 2017 :  3:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the Glock 19 Kel-Tec (gen 1) combo. I love the little Kel-Tec. Off hand head shots at 75 yards isn't a issue. I just haven't tried a longer range. The folding feature is what sets it a part from the others. As I've said before I took a HP 17" laptop bag and it holds the Kel-Tec spare mags. first aid supplies, and other items that can be used in a emergency, and no one is the wiser.

Depending on the generation Kel-Tec you have the red dot may be a issue. I'm still looking for a decent sight that will allow be to still fold the carbine. A company named red lion is making a rotating have guard for the Gen. 2. The problem is first you have to remove the front sight to install the handguard. They also make a replaceable front sight. Then you have to buy the rails for the hand guard separate. Bottom line it will cost $$$$$.

I saw a spring loaded sight mount for the Gen. 2, that attach to the factory hand guard. I just can't remember where I saw it.

I'm happy with my Gen 1 S2K.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

796 Posts

Posted - February 12 2017 :  01:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very happy with my S2K 9mm. I attached a laser with a remote switch. Handy little carbine that hides away very easily. It is a great setup when the pistol that you carry uses the same mags.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2638 Posts

Posted - February 12 2017 :  1:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evan, based on "Ballistics By The Inch" website most 40 loads in 16" barrel gain around 200 fps compared to typical pistol barrels.

Note this excludes the 180 grain loads.

The 180 grain load seem to gain about 100 fps or so.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 12 2017 :  5:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We gained 150 fps from the Win 115gr +P+ from the P7 to MP5.

have a 5-11 back pack that it will probably go to church in

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
688 Posts

Posted - February 12 2017 :  8:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Ruger 40 cal carbine with a 16"brl. Interested in your test results Evan.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on February 12 2017 8:05:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

alnico357
Average Member

USA
448 Posts

Posted - February 12 2017 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a G22 and a Sub-40 using Glock magazines. The Sub-40 is very accurate. I've got a green LASER on it. A neat gun! I shoot 165 gr.

Self defense is the Prime Law of nature and the most basic human right.
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - February 14 2017 :  01:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the early 90's I was involved in testing Olympic arms AR to 40 conversion. I won't get into the conversion, but the 40 coming out of that longer barrel really hit hard at 80 yards. Very accurate also.
If Evan's 40 S2K is as accurate as my 9mm S2k he should be very happy.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000