Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Gen2 Trigger Question
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Gen2 Trigger Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esq_stu

USA
907 Posts

Posted - November 07 2016 :  07:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently acquired a Glock 19 Gen 2 in a trade. I noticed that the trigger was much stiffer than my other two Gen3 Glock 19 triggers. The gun seems to have been used very little.

Was the Gen2 known to have a stiffer trigger than subsequent models? I have never done any trigger work on Glocks. Assuming that it's just a fact that Gen2s are different, it it just a matter of changing a spring or does something more need to be done to make it feel more like a Gen 3? (That is the trigger I am used to and practice with.)

Kol Tuv (All the best!)

-- esq_stu

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
4989 Posts

Posted - November 07 2016 :  07:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first guess would be that the previous owner installed a New York trigger spring and lived with (may have preferred the "safer") approximately 8# pull. If that's it the remedy would be to either go back to an original coil spring or switch out to a "minus" connector. Either way is an easy fix.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3983 Posts

Posted - November 07 2016 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if it was a police trade in it might well have a NY trigger spring in it.

I got a NY1 spring with a minus connector in a G34 it's a good setup. snappy reset, not quiet as light as a stock spring but feels a bit crisper too me.

I put it in the G34 because it comes with the minus connector and I found it too light to carry. The NY1 spring was cheaper at 4 bucks than a different connector and increased pull weight about 1.5 lbs.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

esq_stu

USA
907 Posts

Posted - November 07 2016 :  5:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered a "standard" factory connector and spring. I just prefer to have all my Glocks be the standard 5 or so pounds, both because all my practice is on that type trigger and because that's the way it comes. That little voice in my head keeps saying if it ain't "broke" (in other words, ain't non-standard and is ain't in safe) don't fix it.

Kol Tuv (All the best!)

-- esq_stu

Go to Top of Page

pochis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - November 07 2016 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a drop of oil in there and shoot some more may help, one of mine was like you described and the oil and shooting help a lot.
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 08 2016 :  1:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Dept. required the + trigger bar. That gave our Gen 2's a 8 to 8 1/2 pound trigger pull. Upon retirement I replaced the original trigger bars.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Nobby42d

USA
597 Posts

Posted - January 25 2017 :  01:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Nobby42d's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it doesn't have the NY T-Spring, and it doesn't have the plus connector, you might want to verify that the trigger bar is correct. The Pre-EH Serial# trigger bar is correct for most or maybe all Gen 2's.
If you go to Midway to order a TBar, you'll see Pre-EH Serial Number, Grooved Trigger for the Glock 19. And you'll see Glock 19 Trigger bars. The latter won't work properly in the Gen 2.
If, say, the previous owner ordered a Glock 17 smooth trigger to install in the G19 and didn't order the Pre EH serial# trigger bar, that would cause issues.

We've got 'em now boys! George A. Custer, June 25th,1876--Little Bighorn, Mont.

Edited by - Nobby42d on January 25 2017 01:18:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000