StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - X rounds= 25 cent trigger job?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 X rounds= 25 cent trigger job?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alnico357
Average Member

USA
448 Posts

Posted - October 19 2016 :  10:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is there a point where X rounds fired will smooth out your Glock like the 25 cent trigger job? I have about 6600 rounds fired but no plans for the trigger job. I use lithium grease on the connector, and on the pot of my Crybaby wah pedal.

Self defense is the Prime Law of nature and the most basic human right.

Edited by - alnico357 on October 19 2016 10:49:58 PM

garrettwc
Advanced Member

1017 Posts

Posted - October 21 2016 :  8:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it hasn't gotten any smoother by this point, it probably won't without some help. Unlike a good revolver or a classic P-series Sig, the tolerances aren't tight enough for friction to smooth the action over time.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
Teddy Roosevelt - San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
Go to Top of Page

TimM

USA
916 Posts

Posted - October 23 2016 :  9:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the guys I work with just bought a model 43 glock. Brand new, mine has about 3000 rounds through it. There was no difference in the triggers. Nothing lighter, nothing smoother. Just my take.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

jdw174
Starting Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - October 28 2016 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a G19 that I performed the 25 cent work on. The end result was that the pull wasn't as "gritty" as when new, but no other changes. Advertised as a 5.5lb trigger on the box, mine pulled very close to 7#. I ended up swapping out for an aftermarket trigger that all but eliminated the take-up and reduced the pull to 4lb on my scale. It's a pleasure to shoot now.
Go to Top of Page

esq_stu

USA
907 Posts

Posted - February 05 2017 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did the "25 cent trigger job" last weekend and I have to say, I am very happy with it. I bought a spare trigger/bar with smooth trigger, polished the bar's contact points along with a polish job on the connector, the striker contact point, and the safety plunger. I put the polished parts on my Gen3 G17. Very happy with the result. Now I will start doing that to all of my Glocks before changing anything else from standard. I did order a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb connector to give it a try at the range. Just looking for more crisp/less creep. I read that other 3.5 connectors produce more mushy triggers.

Edited to add: yes I know I could have just shot the G17 a lot. But looking at the contact points that are polished with the 25 cent trigger job, I don't see the payback on the ammo/range time vs the 30 minutes or so at my kitchen table and THEN the range time with a better feeling trigger.

Kol Tuv (All the best!)

-- esq_stu

Edited by - esq_stu on February 05 2017 10:39:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - February 08 2017 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not really done any testing but my most shot Glock has not gotten any better on the trigger.

I did however buy a new S&W M&P .45 when they came out and I sorted through the 9 samples that the store had and tested the triggers on a Lyman digital gauge (which I bought at the store).

The lightest one I could find was 8.5 lbs. I dry fired the thing 1000 times (I had not yet heard of "breach face failure" from dry firing striker fired guns) and tested it again. It dropped to 7.5 lbs but it stayed there for the rest of its life and remains there today.

Not a dig but Glocks are difficult to figure out. I put in a custom trigger for a friend a couple of weeks ago and it was supposed to give a 3.5 lb pull - it gave a 5.5 lb pull and we fiddled with a stronger trigger spring (the little coil spring in a standard Glock is not a "return spring" but it helps the trigger to pull a little by pulling backwards on the cruciform). You just never know until you test it. They are probably no worse than other striker fired guns in this respect.

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

alnico357
Average Member

USA
448 Posts

Posted - April 26 2017 :  10:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2003 G22's trigger is good enough I guess. Ditto my new G43.

Self defense is the Prime Law of nature and the most basic human right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.45seconds. Snitz Forums 2000