StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Glock Armorer's Class ?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Glock Armorer's Class ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - April 28 2016 :  11:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, anyone take this class? It's being offered in my area, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - April 28 2016 :  12:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been 15 years ago since my last one. I found it worth wile.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  10:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid I walked out on the last one.

Don't take any real angst or criticism in that, I purposely wore a revolver so that I would not have any ammo that fit in any Glock but they insisted that no one in the room have any sort of ammo on them (everyone in the class was a police officer). I took them at their word and I wasn't going to lie to the instructor.

I decided I just could not live with that - the decision is all on me, the instructor was quite cordial and I'm sure knowledgeable and I even understand that they don't want ammo near Glocks since there have been so many negligent discharges in the class...but I cannot live with being disarmed (with rare exceptions like having an MRI)...just me. No harm no foul. I wish them well.

I've taken armorers courses from several other manufacturers - I have never been asked to disarm in any of them. I have been asked to pay attention and not have any ammo the caliber of the guns were were working on out on the table.

If a person doesn't mind being weaponless I imagine it is a good course.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

JMAC
Average Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got re-certified six months ago. Good class, also gave you some insight on what's happening at the factory, and what may be coming down the pike.

Edited by - JMAC on May 02 2016 11:23:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  2:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JMAC

Just got re-certified six months ago. Good class, also gave you some insight on what's happening at the factory, and what may be coming down the pike.

Hi JMAC, do you have to bring any tools, apron, pistol etc.? regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

Go to Top of Page

jamtmiller
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  12:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took this class earlier this year and it was a great class. The class instructors supplied the tools and the firearm. You receive a small parts tray and a Glock tool for take down. You also receive a printed Glock Armorer's Manual as a reference tool.
Go to Top of Page

JMAC
Average Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  07:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Mike

quote:
Originally posted by JMAC

Hi JMAC, do you have to bring any tools, apron, pistol etc.? regards, Mike

Nope, they have everything there. You will be working on their guns, and they are clean. They will send you home with a couple of goodies. You can order stuff there also.
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JMAC and jamtmiller, thanks, sounds good, regards, Mike

Go to Top of Page

BucketBack
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - November 14 2016 :  08:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just download the Glock Armorers manual from Steve's Pages
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 14 2016 :  3:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we decided that the Glock was going to be my wife's and I duty/SD guns, I went to the armors class. I did 1 or 2 retainers prior to retirement. I was happy I went each time.

Since the Gen 4 is somewhat different, if they have one locally I might go.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Gerald
Advanced Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - November 29 2016 :  9:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How Difficult would it be for someone with limited use of the left hand to attend a class. I can rack slides ,change mags and force my hands into a shaky weaver or turret but that's about it for the left hand. Never got much use back after my accident, unlike many of the adult children in the world now I realize there are some things were everyone doesn't get a trophy and I'm cool with that but curious about this course.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.27seconds. Snitz Forums 2000