Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Colt Talo
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 Colt Talo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1137 Posts

Posted - March 30 2016 :  03:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Colt 1911/.45ACP Sub-Compact Talo version? From what I've read it is a light version of the New Agent.

Bill D

Edited by - Bill D on March 30 2016 03:11:34 AM

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1137 Posts

Posted - April 01 2016 :  04:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found out "Talo" is a distributor of firearms and Colt made special versions of pistols called Talo versions. Very confusing trying to find a small 1911 in .45.acp, Seems the published weight figures are all over the board. Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - April 01 2016 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill, I have had a Colt Defender since they first came out. I like it a lot and if your looking for a 1911 or a single action carry pistol I highly recommend it. My pistol is very accurate and I never had a problem with it. I also had a Colt New Agent but didn't think I saved size wise. I didn't care for the lack of sights. I realized it was made for close range but the lack of sights was a handicap. It has a gutter and by indexing you can hit what you "point " at. I sold it and went to the Defender which is a upgraded/improved Officers model, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1137 Posts

Posted - April 02 2016 :  05:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. I have three 1911's all 45acp but non small. Been carrying a 9mm full size pistol but have suffered a physical problem, back operation and am stuck in a wheelchair and walker use, want to carry a 45 for close in defense so looking for a light, small 1911. Read an ad showing the "Talo" as the lightest small 1911, with a carbon slide. Since writing this question have found a light S&W, but I guess I'm partial to Colts. Thanks again for the reply....Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - April 02 2016 :  08:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill, I put my Defender on my postal scale with an empty magazine and wood grips not the rubber they came with......25.2oz,(1 lbs 9.2 oz ),regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1137 Posts

Posted - April 02 2016 :  1:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Uncle Mike...Especially the weight with wood grips, which I like....My birthday is next month and my wife says I should take my IRA money and get what I want, course being a gun nut, like now, but I'll have to cool my jets and wait...Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000