StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - ati pistols ?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 ati pistols ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dennis strapon
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - February 26 2016 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Send dennis strapon an AOL message  Send dennis strapon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have experience with ATI pistols in .45 auto ? I saw them on several gun shows on TV. Thanks.

dennis R. strapon

Frogfoot

USA
831 Posts

Posted - February 27 2016 :  06:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got the Commander length pistol and I've been thoroughly impressed with it. Great fit and finish, tight and with a decent trigger, at least in my estimation. All in all, a very good pistol for the money.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - March 02 2016 :  09:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Initially I was pretty impressed with the quality of fit and finish and for the most part the ones we sold were reliable and accurate.

That said we ended up replacing broken parts and one bad barrel in about a dozen we sold.

They do take normal 1911 aftermarket parts - some are easily replaced - like slide stop, extractor, barrel (I've had to replace all of those in ATIs). Also had to replace two thumb safeties and a hammer and a sear - those have to be fitted.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

dennis strapon
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - March 05 2016 :  12:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Send dennis strapon an AOL message  Send dennis strapon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the replies. You answered my questions. Thanks again Dennis

dennis R. strapon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.39seconds. Snitz Forums 2000