Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Took 3 young moms to the range this morning
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Gals & Guns
 Took 3 young moms to the range this morning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - November 25 2014 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they all attend our local LDS ward, and I'm old enough to be their dad,(each of them) With just a bit of coaching, all wound up shooting rather well, and I am one proud adopted papa.
All three out shot all of the men on the range with both long guns and handguns. I'd like to "think" I actually had something to so with it, but I am also sure their innate intelligence had the most to do with it. All three have expressed an intense desire to learn (or re-learn) how to shoot, so we started with .22LR caliber pistols and rifles, then graduated to larger bores. All did well with NO recoil intimidation whatsoever, even when firing full house .357 mag loads from my model 19 snubbies.The only down side, is that I found out at the range, that the family Beretta 84 .380ACP has a broken firing pin(I think) as despite repeated strikes no rounds would fire, nor was their any indentations in the primer faces. So, I'm guessing that's what it is. GLAD, it happened on the range. Good lesson to learn as well. These three moms, all have younger children, and all are pretty hardcore about getting their carry permits and their own carry handguns. So, I feel it is incumbent upon me to assist them when asked to do so. The small investment in ammo and firearms is well worth it, to have three outstanding moms teaching their children firearms safety and the reasons we DO own firearms and support the US Constitution. I think we need to offer to take people with us, whenever we hear them express ANY interest in shooting. People will indeed go learn from a friend, rather than from anonymous range commandoes. Just wanted to share this, especially in light of the idiocy going on around the country today. Thank goodness these Moms are not illiterate sheeple that are willing to buy into the political pablum being slung all over.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 25 2014 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love it. Keep up the good work.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000