Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Taking the ladies to the range
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Gals & Guns
 Taking the ladies to the range
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5252 Posts

Posted - October 20 2014 :  11:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me & a friend are taking our better halves to a public range. They will shoot a variety of smaller caliber handguns since they both have health & bad wrist issues but a hit with a .32 Silvertip beats a stern look. I will also load up some .22 pistols & rifles for them to practice shooting to slide lock, which I tell them often unless the threat is gone by running away or fallen and not moving in any manner considered aggressive.
May shoot a 20 Ga pump also.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

billmc

510 Posts

Posted - October 20 2014 :  1:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in So FLA last week and my friend and I went to the range. She had purchased a Bersa Thunder .380 just under a year ago, but she hadn't shot it yet, so we exercised it a little. Her first magazine, she wasn't holding the pistol properly, and the slide let her know that. Afterwards, she was OK. She also shot my 9mm PPS. She had shot that in the past, and didn't care for it, this time she liked it. She also didn't like my LCP.

She is a pretty good shot. She hasn't done much shooting recently, but was raised in an orphanage in Ukraine, under the Soviet Union. She told me that in high school, it was mandatory for them to learn how to shoot. For a rifle, they trained with an AK, and I just learned, that they trained on pistols as well; for that they used Makarovs and Tokarevs. From what I saw, you don't want to be down range of her.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5252 Posts

Posted - October 20 2014 :  8:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife did good with her C/T laser on her Kel-Tec P-32. ok with her S&W .22 Model 2213 pistol. I tell her to shoot till it won't shoot no more.
The other lady had trouble her husband is still learning handguns and he lubed it, wiped it down real good and the rails are dry... malfunction junction. He said he will go buy a quart of Mobil One after I showed him my pistols ran like a Timex.
The Remington 870 in 20ga patterned the Sparta 00 Buck real good at 10 yards. Bird shot really did good at 10 yards.

The scoped Bushmaster is terrible. I will need to go sit down and get it zeroed in.

Both ladies had a great attitude and realistic approach to safety today.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000