Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - The Girls Are Good To Go
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Gals & Guns
 The Girls Are Good To Go
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enidpd804
Advanced Member

1758 Posts

Posted - December 30 2012 :  6:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in a small suburb of the city I work in. A guy on my shift (2100-0700) lives directly behind me. A few nights ago, I went in about an hour early to make sure things were ready for muster. He got there just before beginning of shift and said he'd seen a suspicious person in the alley between ours houses in a dark hoodie. He spotlighted the guy and he took off. My co-worker called it in to the suburb's police dept. but they couldn't find the guy. There's no legit reason to be in our alley after dark and it's definitely weird to take off at the sight of a cop car. I called home and told my wife about it. She's a pretty cool cucumber but I worry now that I'm back on night shift.

I went home to check things out about 2200. As I walked in the garage door, I heard a very stern, "Identify yourself." Not "honey, is that you?" Not "who's there." "Identify yourself." I did so and walked into the living room to see the wife the a G22 and extra mag on the table beside her and the 14 year old daughter with a Walther PPS and extra mag sitting on the table beside her.

Warren

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5252 Posts

Posted - December 30 2012 :  6:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for them!
Years ago right after we got married I was working a off duty job when my wife called me worried about a prowler. I went home and found her down behind the end fo the couch like I suggested and she had the only handgun there a .22 revolver loaded with stingers in her hand, and my stepson was holding the flashlight like I suggested.

We owe it to our loved ones to make sure they are safe before we go make the streets safe.

She now has more guns, and more than .22 pistols. Stepson has his gun in his home also.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

AnalyticType

USA
78 Posts

Posted - December 30 2012 :  10:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BRAVO!!!!

In 1999, a few months after I'd moved to College Station, Texas, I was visiting friends in Austin for a few days. While I was gone, the house was burgled. All of my electronics and a couple hundred music CDs were taken (but they didn't take my .44 that was next to the bed in a zip case...). I called the PD, filed a report, and a uniformed officer came to talk to me. He and I figured out that the burglar came in through a window (old vertical crank-to-open, that was nearly seized solid with rust, so the dude(s) was persistent!) and out through the garage. But I was not impressed with the officer, because he was not going to dust for prints and I had to turn on the cranky-woman in me to make that happen. I also had to be the weekly squeaky-wheel phone call to push them to pursue the case.

About three weeks after the burglary I was watching the 10pm news when I heard something big on the roof, and noise at the back of the house (big house, 6BR, skylights over the LR & kitchen). Unknown whether this was the same crew coming to steal the (assumed) replacement electronics, or someone else. Either way, I was angry -- I mean truly A-N-G-R-Y. Most of the lights in the house were off, but the lights in the kitchen were on, and from the sound of things one guy had removed a window screen from the back bathroom window, and another guy was on the roof looking down through the skylight above the kitchen.

Did I say that I was angry?

I grabbed my .44 (Ruger Super Blackhawk with the 10.5" barrel) and went through the kitchen toward the back of the house, loaded for bear. I did say I was angry, right?

The dude on the roof saw the hand cannon in my fist, and ran off the roof. In retrospect it was pretty damned funny, because from in the house I heard about four big thumps of his feets on the roof, a pause, then a rather loud groan/exhale/ungh come out of him when he hit the ground. They ran (one prolly with some effort...) and I found the bathroom window missing its screen and about four inches open with a big handprint on the glass. I'm pretty sure that they figured out that I was angry and had something that punches big holes when it goes BOOM, should they try again down the road, because they never tried again....

"Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." ~~ Sir Cecil Walter Hardy Beaton

"[...] it wasn’t the gun. It was the shooter. As it always is." -- Michael Walsh (PJ Media) regarding the Moscone-Milk shooting.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5048 Posts

Posted - December 31 2012 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the 2million+ times per year that a legally-possessed handgun is used to stop a crime with no shot being fired. Bravo! (or being Texas, should it be 'YeeHaw!) Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

AnalyticType

USA
78 Posts

Posted - December 31 2012 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

One of the 2million+ times per year that a legally-possessed handgun is used to stop a crime with no shot being fired. Bravo! (or being Texas, should it be 'YeeHaw!) Ace

Thank you! I follow Sun Tzu whenever possible: "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

So far I've won the battle twice without firing the weapon in my hand, though the second time the BG very nearly lost his mind.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." ~~ Sir Cecil Walter Hardy Beaton

"[...] it wasn’t the gun. It was the shooter. As it always is." -- Michael Walsh (PJ Media) regarding the Moscone-Milk shooting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000