Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Ladies Book Club going to the range
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Gals & Guns
 Ladies Book Club going to the range
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - December 13 2012 :  2:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
instead of chatting about which novel has the most "meaning". Adopted daughter came over last night and told me that he book club had decided to "go shooting" instead of discussing literature this month. She finally got around to wanting to know if she could "borrow" a hand gun, as she does not at present have one. I suggested meeting here at the range, so she could pick and choose from different pistols/revolvers to shoot, and she finally confided her probable embarrassment at "not being any good". I am excited that she has such gunned up friends, and she did say that SHE was the only "girl in the club" that did not have her own hand gun.
We shall see what transpires...this is a wholesale change as she has been very reluctant to even handle a hand gun at all.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - December 13 2012 :  3:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Opportunity Knocks------follow it. [:-))

'the world is round everywhere'

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - December 13 2012 :  4:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all four of my daughters-in-law were very uncomfortable around guns when they married our sons. They've come along way and now they've expressed a desire to get their ccw and carry.

I think women have greater spiritual sensitivity than most men and they see what is coming. The men around here seem almost girlish in their reaction to suggestions about owning and training with firearms.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

DNSeely

804 Posts

Posted - December 13 2012 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know more ladies that carry than men. Most men I know own guns but don't carry. Many have convinced themselves that its to hard to get a permit or just have there heads in the sand. I think ladies take their security more seriously than men. YMMV.
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - December 14 2012 :  2:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great stuff, I agree with GLV, Answer the knock.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5049 Posts

Posted - December 15 2012 :  7:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Subject of next Book Club meeting: Critique on Instruction Manuals for Glock, S&W, XD/XDm, Ruger.... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - December 15 2012 :  7:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or Jeff Cooper's excellent little book, Principles of Personal Defense

a book I like to give to folks just starting to think about this stuff

In any case, good for you Malcolm. I'm betting your adopted daughter has a gun of her own sooner than later.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on December 15 2012 7:30:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - December 16 2012 :  11:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LB,
You are correct. Heading out for church shortly. I "know" she's going to be coming over this coming week to "raid" the safe, so I will have to see what can go own extended loan, until they get their own gear.
My wife's office has a number of women that have been asking her to help them get qualified for their CCW permit. Seems more and more women now, are truly FAR more interested in daily carry than most males are, in our neck of the woods.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000