Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - GLOCK ?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 GLOCK ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FLA2760

114 Posts

Posted - March 07 2011 :  10:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi

I just shot 50 rounds of my carry ammo through my Glock 27 with no problems. When I cleaned the gun the following day I noticed that the little black cap on the side of the gun was missing. It is the one on top the smaller of the two on the side of the gun opposite the ejection port. I think these are the points you use to disassemble the pistol with the Glock tool. I only field strip the pistol when cleaning. I think it came out when I was shooting. Is this a problem as to the function of the pistol? Thanks in advance.

STEVE
NRA LIFE MEMBER. Member Gun Owners Of America.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do people not understand?

pcsd200
Average Member

USA
255 Posts

Posted - March 07 2011 :  10:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what you are looking at is the "Number 1" pin. It is not a cap, but a pin that goes thru the frame.
It is doubtful that fell out while you were shooting. You would have seen it and felt it.
I would suggest looking to see if it just shifted in the frame.
If it has just shifted you can fix it by field stripping the weapon and pushing it back in with a pen or small punch tool.
If it is gone, It is a critical part. The gun will still fire but may lock the slide back on a loaded magazine.

"A trip is in your future. You would be wise to pack many weapons."-Soldier of Fortune Cookie
Go to Top of Page

FLA2760

114 Posts

Posted - March 08 2011 :  2:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It was there before I went shooting and the black cover is gone now. I have had this G27 since 2001 when I bought it new. The pin is still in there I can see the metal tip of it. This particular Glock has been back to the factory twice, once for the frame rail update, it is an "E" series, and about two years ago for FTF and FTE. The second time they replaced several parts and now it looks like it may be going back again for this. Maybe the third time will be a charm. It's enough to make me want to go back to a revolver for CCW.

STEVE
Go to Top of Page

Slick
Advanced Member

USA
3386 Posts

Posted - March 10 2011 :  4:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to help you but I can't tell what part you are referring to... I know of no "little black cap" on the side of any Glock. On the left side you have the three pins, the magazine release, the take down lever (slide lock) and the slide stop lever; and on the right you have the three pins, the slide lock lever and the back side of the mag release.
If it is one of the pins, and it is flush on the opposite side, then perhaps it broke off somehow? (I can't imagine how though...)

What little black cap are you referring to?

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Edited by - Slick on March 10 2011 5:00:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

JohnS
Advanced Member

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - March 11 2011 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a Glock Armorer (isn't everyone :)) and I'm stumped as to what he is talking about, also...
Go to Top of Page

FLA2760

114 Posts

Posted - March 11 2011 :  10:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I called Glock and we determined that it is the #1 pin that broke, I have never heard of this type of breakage. I have never disassembled the gun other than field stripping for cleaning when needed. The pistol is on its way to Glock for repair.

STEVE
Go to Top of Page

JohnS
Advanced Member

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - March 12 2011 :  11:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They wouldn't send you a pin or no local shop had one?
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Advanced Member

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - March 16 2011 :  10:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Glock .40s are prone to breaking and/or bending the trigger and locking block pins when shot extensively, most especially if one lets the recoil spring get weak.

I wouldn't let my Glock .40 recoil spring get past 3000 rounds without being replaced.
Go to Top of Page

FLA2760

114 Posts

Posted - March 18 2011 :  01:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it comes back it goes in the safe. I am going to switch to the Glock 26.

STEVE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.18seconds. Snitz Forums 2000