Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Simplicity=Survival
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Tactics
 Simplicity=Survival
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Badge
Advanced Member

USA
1648 Posts

Posted - August 19 2011 :  11:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, I agree. I once suggested to my lefty sisterin law and her husband after a recent school shooting that perhaps,..... perhaps we should train and arm some of the teachers as the Israilis do and you would have though I suggested something horribal and out of the realm of reason. They dont get it and I doubt they ever will.

MSS
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5049 Posts

Posted - August 19 2011 :  1:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, a couple of times that subject has come up. Seems the sheep can only see a squad of teachers, with web belts full of pistols and magazines, and a rifle or shotgun slung over one shoulder, roaming the halls looking to shoot any kid without a hall pass. In reality, until the fan got dirty, nobody would even know if/which teachers were prepared (assuming proper training).
A former co-worker was a School Resource Officer near here. He made arrangements with the school principal to have arms stashed in the school, just in case. Don't know if any of the staff knew about it. Kinda changes most peoples' idea of a School Resource Officer being an arm of the Community Policing Public Relations Warm'n'Fuzzy Brigade. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4375 Posts

Posted - August 19 2011 :  3:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fact remains that the only practical antidote to school shootings is having armed teachers. And on the college/university level, armed students.

Since we can't prevent crazies from obtaining weapons, or bringing them into schools, having armed people on hand to stop them is the only realistic solution.

But IME liberals often have a problem adopting a realistic view of things. If it doesn't line up with their ideals, they won't hear of it.

Reminds me of a story I saw on Fox yesterday, of a PD swat team in California that generated a lot of liberal protest by letting kids handle unloaded weapons. Some parents were horrified that kids would be allowed to touch such evil things!

Kudos to the author of the story, who pointed out that research shows that kids who are familiar with guns are less likely to be involved in their misuse later. But the protesting libs were not concerned with facts, but rather their strong (irrational) feelings that "guns are evil!"

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on August 19 2011 3:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2938 Posts

Posted - June 20 2017 :  3:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only way to beat a Bad Guy with a Gun is to have Good Guys With A Gun on hand. Think about the recent ballpark shooting in DC where the only reason there was not a serious massacre of Republican Congressmen was because one of them was a House Leader and had two very heroic Capitol Police Officers assigned as his personal security.

Armed with pistols, they charged a rifleman, and stopped him! I hope they get the heroic recognition they deserve!!!

Give me a teacher or two with those kinda guts... allow them to be armed... and school shootings won't last long.

For that matter... think about ANY mass shooting in a "Gun Free Zone" and ask yourself if one determined armed civilian might have limited the carnage.

Gun Free Zones are a shooting gallery for nut jobs. And, we have plenty of nut jobs running a round.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000