Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Non-lethal force and the use of OC
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Non-lethal force and the use of OC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Glenn
Advanced Member

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  02:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was faced with an extremely violent biker at a small town cafe who got jealous because a rather pleasant looking Hispanic female was talking to me instead of him. To make a long story short I paid my check and walked out to my car where he began hurling obscenities and racist comments at me and my female friend. When I ignored him and his comments this further angered him and he began beating on my vehicle saying that my face was next. I calmly told him to ''BACK OFF'' and he refused so I sprayed him in the face with some flip top OC . His buddies carried him off and my female friend and I left I didn't go looking for trouble but today it found me.

Semper Paratus

BikerRN
Average Member

480 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  03:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Send BikerRN an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some people are just born to show their rear end in public.

I'm glad your OK, and I trust you can "articulate" why you felt the OC was necessary to use at that time. Enquiring minds want to know, did you call the local constabulary after the altercation? If not, next time someone may call them on you and report you as the aggressor.

HINT: The first one to call 911 is usually thought of as the victim.

Biker
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34526 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  08:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any time you use any level of force, call 911 especially-if you're armed even if firearms were not a factor.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Advanced Member

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  3:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did contact the local SO in the northern part of the State and a report was made and he said no action would be taken against me and that the Troopers were looking for the bikers whether or not they were caught I don't know, I and my lady friend were just happy enough to get out of there. I used OC because the area was crowded and had I pulled my weapon that would have made things much worse as then his buddies would have jumped me and taken it from me. I also had an ASP baton and had the assailant continued with his assualt then I would have employed it my hands were shaking pretty badly at the time....

Semper Paratus
Go to Top of Page

CO
Advanced Member

USA
4154 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  3:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done, sir.
Go to Top of Page

Watchyour6
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  10:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad that you and your friend are safe and that you called 911 first. What brand of OC did you use? I'm interested in what brand was so effective. Also, was your OC unit "heavy stream" or the "cone spray" type? Was it a 2 oz Mk 3 can or just a keychain type? Stay safe. Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Advanced Member

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - December 05 2008 :  11:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 4 oz flip top of Mace that I carried in a nylon pouch on my belt was what I used and I hope that there is never a next time but it is an eventuality that I'm prepared for after this incident the ASP baton goes along with it. I'm extremely fortunate that things didn't escalate any further...

Semper Paratus
Go to Top of Page

nightlighter12
Advanced Member

USA
1202 Posts

Posted - December 06 2008 :  02:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pleased for you that things worked out well for you both. You apparently acted wisely in the eyes of local law enforcement AND there's NOTHING unmanly about backing away, most times it IS the mature thing to do.

Chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting...It's about our right, all of our right (the citizens) to protect ourselves, from all of you guys (the politicians) up there. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp (survivor of the Luby's Restaurant massacre, Killeen, TX 10-16-91 both her parents were murdered in the massacre)
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5432 Posts

Posted - December 07 2008 :  04:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What County in Arkansas did this happen in? who did you call, I work graveyards in North Arkansas, and I can put my feelers out if they have charges for him.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Advanced Member

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - December 08 2008 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arv I wasn't focusing on who or where at the time I saw a threat to my safety and my lady friends safety so then I had maybe a second to decide how to respond to the threat and that was it lethal force was not an option because of all the bystanders. So I don't know if he was apprehended I was just glad to leave the area

Semper Paratus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000