Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Let's Do The Math
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Let's Do The Math
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - October 09 2008 :  4:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the Robber Barons in Comgress have either given or committed in excess of a Trillion Dollars to "solve" this problem. On the day Congress showed momentary courage and refused to pass "The Bribe" the stock market went down. Now after all this money, guess what? The stock market is below 9,000.

I love it when a plan comes together

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - October 09 2008 :  7:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THese people have zero credibility.
Currently, a person can serve ONE two-year term in Congress, or one full term in the US Senate, and receive their "retirement" pension for LIFE. Also, their spouses get free lifetime unlimited medical insurance coverages as well. Who pays for all of this largesse?
Well, WE DO.
When we elect people to "office" their aspirations for more power usually take precedent over any true "representation" of the people, they fail to recognize, and we fail to reinforce that said elected "representatives" are our EMPLOYEES. Nothing more.
It is time for a new tapayer revolt, we need to fire all of them and start over, mandatory term limits, WE, the people, should vote on THIER salaries and benefits, etc.
If they know ther eis an actual consequnece to them voting stupidly, they might not be so callous with their Employer's money.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

CO
Advanced Member

USA
4154 Posts

Posted - October 09 2008 :  11:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're whistling through the graveyard.
Go to Top of Page

garrettwc
Advanced Member

1017 Posts

Posted - October 10 2008 :  08:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I love it when a plan comes together

That's the problem. They have no plan.

They have appropriated all this money and they have no idea what to do with it.

The high level plan is to buy up all the assets, but there is no disclosure on what the value of these assets are. So they have no idea what price to pay the banks. If they give them too little, the banks still fail. If they give them too much, the whole thing turns into an even bigger ripoff of the American people.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
Teddy Roosevelt - San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
Go to Top of Page

mspears

USA
570 Posts

Posted - October 10 2008 :  09:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Send mspears an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now the government is considering buying stakes in banks. Apparently buying up the toxic bank assets with the bailout money isn't enough. American Capitalism is receiving the black eye of it's life as the whole world watches. Plan? They're making it up as they go.

In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - October 10 2008 :  09:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nobody there seems to understand the term free market-the only pundits I heard speak against the Bailout where Neil Cavuto who said, "It's possible the cure can be worse than the problem." and Glen Beck. They're right.

It's like me cutting my head off to prevent dying of cancer. It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

necron99
Average Member

USA
358 Posts

Posted - October 28 2008 :  4:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am proud to be represented in the Senate by Jim DeMint - who did not vote for this trash.

I called his office and asked him to add a voice-vote amendment to the bill repealing the 1986 machinegun ban.

Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

LUKE 22:36
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2234 Posts

Posted - August 07 2014 :  5:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some context for Luke 22:36
The "garment" mentioned is the cloak worn by everyone and used as the covering for sleeping. It was such an important accoutrement of basic living that it could not be kept overnight as security for a loan. Guess that shows the significance of having a sword, even if it meant sleeping cold.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.25seconds. Snitz Forums 2000