Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 10mm street results
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Stopping Power
 10mm street results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jim Higginbotham

USA
7914 Posts

Posted - June 13 2008 :  09:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

quote:
Originally posted by Arvinator

. Multiple shots with a .45? It can happen, and info like that is good for us to hear and accept that there are no absolutes in a handgun round, and multiple shots may be a must.

At typical SD distances (read: "real close") you'll probably have multiple shots out before you can tell if the BG's going down. Regardless of caliber.

Jeff

"Absitively, Posilutely"

Dont be admring your handiwork while there is shooting to be done - there are no magic bullets or rounds (well, OK 105mm and above are pretty sure but we cannot all carry a Howitzer in our hip pocket).

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Derori

USA
550 Posts

Posted - June 13 2008 :  11:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was off work the other day and ended up in a pawn shop checking things out--ended up leaving with a Glock 29 and an extra 15-round magazine that he had lying around. Right now I've got it loaded with Silvertip, but I'm wondering if something with a Gold Dot might be better from the shorter barrel.

I figured I could carry it in the same holster I've been carrying my Glock 37 in, but the butt is like an inch and a half shorter. I ordered a couple of Pearce Glock 30 grip extensions that I'm going to try on the shorter mags so it won't squirm as much when I shoot it.
Go to Top of Page

TONY
Advanced Member

USA
3375 Posts

Posted - June 15 2008 :  12:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derori,
I had the "hump" knocked off of mine, then just put the Pearce pinky extender on the mags, handles great! I carry the Cor-Bon 150 JHP'S in mine. This is the combo I used a couple months ago for my CCW class, got 100%. The Winn 175's were a bit much in the 29 but are fairly pleasant in my Glock 20.

I'd like to hear how the Glock 30 extenders work, sounds interesting and I never thought about using them.

Stay Safe,

TONY
Go to Top of Page

Derori

USA
550 Posts

Posted - June 17 2008 :  8:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! The ones I ordered are supposedly for the 9-round Model 30 mags and add another round. I'm just hoping they work on the Model 29 mag. Hopefully, they will show up soon so I can find out. Maybe it will bump me up to an 11-round mag.
Go to Top of Page

JohnB
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - June 18 2008 :  9:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shot the Glock 20 last weekend. I really like it and enjoyed shooting it. Put the first two through the same hole and the rest in a reasonable group.
Go to Top of Page

JohnB
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - June 18 2008 :  9:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Avinator,

Shooting is a hobby of mine(not as often as I would like) and getting a 10mm is something I have thought about doing since almost buying a used Bren 10 in 1988. The cost of ammo wasn't a big consideration. I can still mail order at a decent price.I've been a police officer since 1987 and have for most of that time carried a Glock 19,27 or 23 off duty . (For some unknown reason I carried a Beretta 92 off duty and a Sig 226 on duty the first few years of work-brain damage I guess.)
Originally I was asking for results of shooting with the 10mm. My units worked many shootings and homicides with all the popular calibers but 10mm . I've never seen first hand what a 10mm will do. I've seen all the others major handgun, shotgun and rifle rounds. Yesterday I got to see what a body spending almost four years in a car in the river looks like.....Not to pretty--But I was suprised how much flesh was still left.
Go to Top of Page

ought6

USA
713 Posts

Posted - June 19 2008 :  09:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JohnB,

Well, I know it's not the same, but I plan on taking the 10mm deer hunting this coming season, perhaps I can attest to it's effectiveness then.

Psalms 18:34-35 He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. (35) You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

ought6
Go to Top of Page

Derori

USA
550 Posts

Posted - June 24 2008 :  7:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

It saddens me to report that the experiment has ended with the spacecraft bursting into flames on the launch pad. One of the web sites I saw said that the extenders would work with the 9-round Glock 30 mags, but when they finally arrived, it became apparent that they are only for the 10-round mags. I was hoping that the only difference between the two was the baseplate, but I was wrong. At least, I've got a couple of them now if I get a Model 30. They can go into a box with all the other assorted items I can't use right now. Maybe I can stick all in some kind of resin and make a coffee table out of them!
Go to Top of Page

TONY
Advanced Member

USA
3375 Posts

Posted - June 24 2008 :  10:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derori,
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping for better results. My 10 rounders had +2 extenders when I got the gun used but the shape was annoying so I put the pinky extenders on. I have the Pearce sleeve for the G20 15 round mag but after I had the hump removed from the back strap it stuck out the back too far. I guess it's just destin to be a 10 +1 gun. Right now it's in one of my Camelbacks with 1 reload.

Stay Safe,

TONY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-09 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.26seconds. Snitz Forums 2000