StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Justification Rather Than Research?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Justification Rather Than Research?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TONY
Advanced Member

USA
3418 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  10:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find some of he best deals on used .357's. One of the S&W 386 PD's I have I picked-up used for $550.00, looked nearly new. The sales guy said the guy that traded it in on a .38 said it had too much recoil.

Heh Heh. Not with the the right ammo it doesn't.

Stay Safe,

TONY
Go to Top of Page

gewing
Average Member

USA
317 Posts

Posted - July 04 2008 :  5:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Send gewing an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wonder how man .300 WInchester/Weatherby, etc. are traded in promptly when people realize that the guy who swore they "only kick a little harder than an '06" was shooting an 13 lb gun and their 7 lb mountain rifle is a whole different story?

My dad swears the only cartridge people bring him guns to have a muzzle brake put on is the .300...

;)

God Bless America
Go to Top of Page

CXM

USA
670 Posts

Posted - August 30 2008 :  10:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope no one is making fun of my Webley-Forsberry....

V/r

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!
Go to Top of Page

sheepdog
Average Member

382 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  07:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...I shop only the used market...and the urge to be stylish has provided many tradeins that went home with me...let 'em be stylish!!! It saves me money and they're not going to listen, practice, ask anyone who's been there, or, a lot of them, even shoot...
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  08:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, after reading this after a period of time made me realize that we have a responsibility to help others make one of the most serious drvisions of their life.

I have a large container full of holsters that I thought was the latest and greatest until a lugged a serious handgun in them for 8 hrs.

So let's look out for our newer memebers and folks who are just starting their study of pistolcraft. After all, I had never shot a handgun until I was in the police academy at age 26. I was a lousy shot and have advanced until I'm a fairly competant pistol shot.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5253 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  8:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always tried to tell others a practical and affordable way to be prepared without spending a silly amount. A good Glock, a J frame and an affordable pocket holster is what I always suggest. I tell others the holster for the primary gun is something that only they can really decide, but I show what I own. I have bought a few holsters I wish I had never seen, and have a few that need to be put from a box into the trash...

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Reloader
Average Member

375 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  10:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have plenty German Loudenboomers, though.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NRA Pistol Instructor
Amateur License KE5LDO
ARRL, W5YI Volunteer Examiner
ARRL Instructor

When Xerxes, commander of the Persian army, 50,000 strong, demanded that Leonidas, the King of Sparta, and his 300 warriors, lay down their weapons and be saved, Leonidas Called back, "Molon Labe!" (Come and get them!")

Battle of Thermopylae
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - December 27 2016 :  9:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

well, after reading this after a period of time made me realize that we have a responsibility to help others make one of the most serious drvisions of their life.

I have a large container full of holsters that I thought was the latest and greatest until a lugged a serious handgun in them for 8 hrs.

So let's look out for our newer memebers and folks who are just starting their study of pistolcraft. After all, I had never shot a handgun until I was in the police academy at age 26. I was a lousy shot and have advanced until I'm a fairly competant pistol shot.

I just stumbled onto this--- and almost six years down the line, it still strikes me as the perfect example of why this Forum is such a great place.

Thank you, Evan! Hats off to you....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on December 28 2016 10:03:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Courtney

USA
561 Posts

Posted - June 27 2017 :  08:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I tell people it could have been alot worse-I could have been twins.

Great idea. Oh wait ...

Hey, I see what you did there.

The sole arbiter of scientific truth is repeatable experiment.

email: Michael_Courtney@alum.mit.edu
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.22seconds. Snitz Forums 2000