Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - H&S-Day Two
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Hoot & Shoot
 H&S-Day Two
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - August 12 2007 :  07:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
classes were superbly taught by John Farnam and Ed Lovette on pistol/carbine amd the snubby respectively, while I strugged with a ccw issues lecture.

Son-in-law Gary Gudmundsen gave a very interesting lecture on the law and several lively discussions ensued.

Vyse Gelatin brought several blocks of gelatin and participants were able to see 1st hand the value of this testing. Mike Shovel from Cor Bon demo'd DPX and generously gave out samples of their product.

Steve Camp showed his Safe Direction product line and it importance of being part of a serious gun man's kit.

Moderators Mel Atkins, GLV, and Russ Larges are here and have played a key role.

I was stopped repeatedly thru the day by people who thanked us for putting on real world training that will save lives unlike so much of what passes for training these days.

My daughters, daughter-in-law Chieko (Mark's wife) along with my granddaughters and son-in-law Kelly Wall have done a superb job with the food.

You missed the greatest H&S of all

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

TeamCorbon

USA
679 Posts

Posted - August 12 2007 :  07:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send TeamCorbon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Big thanks to Evan and his family for pulling this off. They sure put on a classy event. Lots of learning going on here! Lots of nice people to meet and talk with about all different subjects. Not to mention the first class facilities. I travel to shooting ranges all over the country and honestly admit that this is the nicest facility I've been to.

Thanks Evan, Mark and all the ladies!

Mike Shovel
Vice President/Public and Media Relations
COR-BON/Glaser
Mike@CORBON.com
412-496-0428
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2214 Posts

Posted - August 12 2007 :  10:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, GREAT food and air conditioning what more can you ask for. It was a really supurb weekend. Thanks again to the cooks, I told them once but that is not enough, and to Evan for a class act.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  06:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great time! I feel a genuine sense of sadness that it's over. I'm greatful that some of our regular customers at MSC attended and it was great to see old friends! As Nukem Jim pointed out, we should all live much closer!

John Farnam and Ed Lovette did a superb job and their enthusiam for training is obvious. I can't thank them enough of stepping up and making this a great success. They are both committed to the survival of good guys&gals and their commitment is obvious.

I hope the attendee's will continue to sharpen the skills both Ed and John showed them and we saw alot of people realize that DPX is alot more than gun writer hype.

New friends like the Hartmans make one realize again that gun people are the best and the only regret is CA is so darn far away.

Got to cut this short and take Ed to the airpoort, but if you missed this yr you missed a world class event attended by great souls and we were fed by my daughers and daughters-in-law who were uniform in their enjoyment of the event.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

TRNinTX
Average Member

USA
356 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  09:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TeamCorbon

Big thanks to Evan and his family for pulling this off. They sure put on a classy event. Lots of learning going on here! Lots of nice people to meet and talk with about all different subjects. Not to mention the first class facilities. I travel to shooting ranges all over the country and honestly admit that this is the nicest facility I've been to.

Thanks Evan, Mark and all the ladies!

Mike,

Will we see you at the Steel Challenge this week?

Tim

Everybody knows how to aim, that's easy. It seems that few of us have bothered to learn the hard part....how to pull the trigger.

Rob Leatham
Go to Top of Page

TeamCorbon

USA
679 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  11:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Send TeamCorbon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I leave tomorrow AM for LAX!

Mike Shovel
Vice President/Public and Media Relations
COR-BON/Glaser
Mike@CORBON.com
412-496-0428
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  11:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike-thanks for all your support-we made alot of new DPX fans

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

TRNinTX
Average Member

USA
356 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  3:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great,

See you on Wednesday.

Everybody knows how to aim, that's easy. It seems that few of us have bothered to learn the hard part....how to pull the trigger.

Rob Leatham
Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  7:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hard to express in words, H&S 2007. Great place, fine instructors, and a feeling of comradeship among the students and instructors.

We can and will thank Evan and his family for the finishing touches of a fantastic weekend.

'the world is round everywhere'

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

wsv

USA
794 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  7:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send wsv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you much Evan for sending my Pop back in the same condition you received him in. It is a rare individual these days that will borrow something then return it clean and full of gas.

Rally the Republic!

Go to Top of Page

Mark Marshall
Administrator

USA
385 Posts

Posted - August 13 2007 :  11:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the contrary wsv, George did nothing but add to the event and help us in many regards. George, your expertise and company was greatly appreciated. Over the next few days I will finish up the H&S report and get some pics up for people to see and enjoy.

This is what makes the Hoot & Shoot so great. Great people having a great time and learning together.
Go to Top of Page

GVHLAW
Average Member

USA
379 Posts

Posted - August 14 2007 :  02:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know who was sadder that the 2007 Hoot & Shoot came to an end - me or Evan - but we shared those feelings at lunch today. I can't compare to prior years, but I can say that Leanne and I are deeply appreciative for all the kindness, instruction (given with obvious care and concern for our well-being), terrific meals, incredible comradery, eye-opening realities (not the least of which was learning how much I don't know - again), expertise, class people, wonderful new friends that we know will be friends forever, and on and on. It is difficult to say enough about the uniqueness and downright wonderfulness of being able to spend a few days with a group of really decent folks in a safe and welcoming environment. To call H & S 2007 an outstanding event really is an understatement.

Evan - you are blessed with a wonderful family and friends - and it is easy to see why - you deserve all that you get.

Mark - thanks for everything. You are a "chip off the old block" indeed.

Gary - let's talk soon - you are a terrific gentleman and I enjoyed learning from you.

To all the ladies - you are charming, kind and great cooks! Thanks for taking such good care of us.

Russ - going "belly to belly" in Ed's class was proof that even us big guys can hug!

George - I don't have enough words to say thank you in all the ways that would be appropriate - so THANKS!

Nukem Jim - you are one fun guy and a treat to be around.

Mike - hats off to you and Corbon for everything you did for us.

Evan, John and Ed are great people and instructors who clearly care deeply about making sure that we learned something (a lot of things).

To all of our other new friends - all I can say is you made it worthwhile and a great time for us.

We wish we weren't so darned far away - but that is no excuse for not getting to Midland more than once a year.

George & Leanne

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

John F. Kennedy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000