Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Kel Tec PF9
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Kel Tec PF9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D2
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  1:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took my new PF9 to the range for the first time today. My plan was to shoot 200 rounds as I had done when I bought my Kel Tec 3AT. By the time I fired 21 rouns, I decided that Iwas not going to fire even 100 rounds. I did not notice any pain during the first magazine of seven rounds. By the end of the second magazine there was a little pain. By the time I had fired 35 rounds I did not want more. My friend fired seven rounds. Except for a couple rounds of Gold Got, all shooting was with 115 grain Winchester white box.

There were no failures or problems with the gun. The trigger pull was about the same as the 3AT.

Evan
Administrator

34824 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  1:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kel Tec's are reliable and reasonably priced but their size and weight often make them carry alot/shoot a little guns

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4076 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a Kel-Tec P-11, and I've shot 40 rounds in one session, before I said, "Enough"!
Trigger pull is decent, and mine is larger than the PF-9, so I can't imagine how "good" it felt!!
It's been relegated to a third gun, a "get off me" status, should it become necessary. It's accurate (very) up to about 20 feet. I know I'm gettting older when recoil sensitivity becomes an issue.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

Olddog84

USA
630 Posts

Posted - April 30 2007 :  4:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picked up my new PF-9 today. Got to run to the range for a quick 100 rounds of WWB. No jams, no problems. I did not find the recoil bad at all, no worse than a J-frame airweight. It seems to use the same "pre-cocked" trigger mechanism as the P32 and P3AT, so the trigger pull is much lighter and more controllable than my P-11. So far so good!

"Somebody Tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." Malcolm Reynolds
Go to Top of Page

Srigs
Advanced Member

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  12:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is most likely my next 9mm! I like my P11 and have no problem shooting 100+ rounds in on range session.

Srigs
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34824 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  05:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we've seen two on our range-neither have been dependable and one will hav eot go back to KT

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000