Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Uncle Mike's Alert
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Uncle Mike's Alert
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Muleskinner

USA
818 Posts

Posted - October 23 2008 :  12:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My KelTec P-3AT would pop the mag loose once in a while while carrying it in my left rear pocket, probably when I sat on something hard enough to depress the release.

I switched my wallet to the left side and carry the KT in my right rear pocket and about the only thing that could activate the release now is my pelvic bone, but I have enough internal padding there so that shouldn't be an issue unless I lose a massive amount of weight.

Have a great day!!!

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus..... Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

nightlighter12
Advanced Member

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - June 23 2010 :  09:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picked up an Uncle Mikes for my Glock-26. First thing I found was, as the openings for the pockets of both my uniform pants and my jeans are different, uniform pockets are a verticle opening, jeans are horizontal and much tighter. The hoster too often sticks to the gun while trying to get it out of the uniform pants pocket. I found that gripping the gun normally while it's still in either pocket, then while pulling it out I make sure and catch the top of the holster at the front corner of the pocket opening, this strips the holster off the gun as I pull it out of the pocket. This is in relation to my post on another thread concerning my wanting to carry at least one of three guns in the same place no matter what pants I'm wearing. I remember Evan saying about how a partner of his once wearing his gun in different places trying to figure out which was easiest, and forgetting where it was under stress when he needed it. Hope all that made sense.

Chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting...It's about our right, all of our right (the citizens) to protect ourselves, from all of you guys (the politicians) up there. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp (survivor of the Luby's Restaurant massacre, Killeen, TX 10-16-91 both her parents were murdered in the massacre)
Go to Top of Page

CO
Advanced Member

USA
4154 Posts

Posted - June 23 2010 :  11:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mikas pocket holster works wonders for me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000