Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - the puropse of Cop Corner
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 the puropse of Cop Corner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - December 13 2006 :  09:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is to provide info and anwser questions about police issues-of late, its become a bad news and tragedy magnet.

I spent 20yrs as a Detroit Cop and lost 18 friends during that time period-not just felow officers, friends.

I want these sort of posts to end-fair-unfair, don't know but I think we can learn alot about survival here and reporting the deaths of officers is not what I envisoned when I created this-thanks.

Sgt Evan Marshall, Detroit PD retired.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

BobK
Advanced Member

USA
1983 Posts

Posted - December 13 2006 :  9:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. Now that you mention it, it does seem a little insensitive for us to post those things here. I'm sure we all had good intentions. Most of us will never know what it's like to be a cop on the street. But we still care about those of you who do so on daily basis.

The caliber of the man counts more than the caliber of his gun.
Go to Top of Page

nightlighter12
Advanced Member

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - December 14 2006 :  12:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked some time ago if I could post security guard related things, the answer at that time was yes. Is this still ok? I've tried to help my brother & sister contract security guards by refering them to this site. Unfortunately I don't think many have taken advantage of the information to be had here. I'll keep trying though.

Chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting...It's about our right, all of our right (the citizens) to protect ourselves, from all of you guys (the politicians) up there. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp (survivor of the Luby's Restaurant massacre, Killeen, TX 10-16-91 both her parents were murdered in the massacre)
Go to Top of Page

LostButMakingGoodTime
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - September 17 2007 :  1:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously this is an important topic that people feel a need to get off their chests. Understandably so. If folks would like a more appropriate place to find and post information about fallen officers, I highly recommend the Officer Down Memorial Page . It is a terrific web site with very complete national information. I'm new here Evan, but if you have a links section perhaps you can add this one and maybe take people to a place they can address these issues.

Please read rule 5. Thanks, GLV

Molon Labe
Go to Top of Page

LostButMakingGoodTime
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - September 18 2007 :  4:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops! Thanks GLV.

Molon Labe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic