Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Tis the season to be jolly or dead
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Tis the season to be jolly or dead
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BobK
Advanced Member

USA
1983 Posts

Posted - November 05 2009 :  9:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, stay safe guys. We already lost one in Seattle. Looks like it was planned.

The caliber of the man counts more than the caliber of his gun.
Go to Top of Page

mojo
Advanced Member

USA
2911 Posts

Posted - November 30 2009 :  7:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump

Tacoma, WA and Baytown, TX watch your 6.

Texas and Louisiana Concealed handgun instructor.

NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection and Refuse to be a Victim instructor.

NRA Endowment member.

Disabled U. S. Army Veteran 1St Cav and 82nd Airborne 1967-1970.
Go to Top of Page

86 Posts

Posted - January 10 2010 :  4:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anchorage another gone sadly. Diligence + prayer.

Edited by - 1917 on January 10 2010 4:21:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

bubbinator

USA
183 Posts

Posted - January 06 2011 :  01:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All 12 Rules are well spoken, but I feel rule #2 and #4 need more attention and are really chep to enhance. I am from Alexandria, LA and a few years back there were 4 LEOs killed in what started out to be a "routine" search warrant/arrest for some drug suspects. When it was over the APD/Rapides Parish SO/La State Police/ and the FBI and US Marshalls(?)all responded. When the fight ended 4 LEOs were dead, don't know how many BGs died, BUT- ALL THE LEOs ran out of ammo facing AK47s! Resupply by LEOs saved the day. As a State ABC Agt, ex MP/Not SWAT, but a gun guy,(and FireArms Instuctor) I carried thousands of rds in my state car. I had 9mm/40/45/223/308/12ga + guns for them all. Agency had a BYOG policy on long guns-Ruger Mini 14, Kel-Tec SU16C/HK91/Rem 700 HB Varmint 223 were all PFD. Other Instructors were even better equipped with that + StG58 308 FullAuto and multipe long guns. The proof of the pudding in this post is an ABC Agt responded to a 00 call from a AL Trooper with a barricaded pert in a barn, the trooper wa shot in the face with bird shot and blinded. Local PD was on-scene armed w/ 9mms and 12ga. ABC showed up with an M1A 308 and it was on! Homeboy in the wood barn was praying for salvation after the first 20 rd mag of 308 FMJ started making kindling of the old barn.
Go to Top of Page

sheepdog
Average Member

382 Posts

Posted - January 24 2011 :  12:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...that little word you put in quotes has killed/injured more officers than anything else in history...I'm old and fat and grey, but when I put my hand on an officer's shoulder and wish him well and safety...I always remind him/her of that deadly word..."routine"...few things are really as they seem or all they appear to be...y'all be ever so careful out there...
Go to Top of Page

aryfrosty

USA
69 Posts

Posted - September 08 2011 :  8:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy to see your rule 2. I worked for 25 years in very rural NW Georgia and I was the butt of quite a few jokes about being "overprepared". I carried 4 speedloaders when I carried revolvers and 4 high capacity mags when I used semi-autos. I had an experience in 1971 where having more ammo than my adversary saved my life and that of my back-up. After 15 years of retirement I still lean toward having "enough". I know in big cities you might have back-up close by but "what if...?"

Al
Go to Top of Page

sheepdog
Average Member

382 Posts

Posted - November 06 2011 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

As a Dad I always loved Christmas

As a cop I dreaded it-it seems we always lost somebody during the holidays.

1. Wear your vest always
2. Always carry a second gun and make sure its accessible to your off hand. Just because your duty weapon was issued to you with three mags doesn't mean you can't go out and buy some more-there is no such thing as too much ammo in a gunfight.
3. search everybody like your life depends on it-it will
4. Have a long gun and extra ammo
5. Be smart and call for backup before it goes down the toilet
6. Handcuff every prisoner with their hands behind their back.
7. Search prisoners a 2nd time in the lockup before you unhandcuff them
8. Have a backup flashlight and test it before going on the street.
9. Remember people will hate you and will kill you for what you are and what you represent
10. Remember the cemetary is full of nice guys.
11. Have a prayer on your lips and homicide in your heart.
12. Regardless of how things appear-if things don't feel right-they aren't
The Thin Blue Line doesn't need to get thinner-God Bless.

...bump for this timeless advice...it's that time of the year again...hearts are full of emotions and more bad than good...y'all be alert and aware...Happy Holidays to the thin Blue Line !!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000