Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Pre-War FN High Power

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uncle Mike Posted - December 07 2017 : 1:37:01 PM
Hi, I recently picked up a High Power with a shoulder stock. This is the leather holster with a attached wooden shoulder piece. It is legal and considered a C&R and would be a nice truck gun if it wasn't so rare. It has a tangent sight marked out to 500 meters . It shoots good and will try long distance once spring arrives, regards, Mike
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uncle Mike Posted - December 07 2017 : 11:30:08 PM
Hi, I measured the rear sight notch to the bottom of the sight and got about.026" set at pistol range. I then slid it up to the 500m mark and measured almost a .05" from the top of the slide to the bottom of the rear sight notch. I used a caliper and it was a little hard so I may be off. What I did notice that the front sight is really cocked upward even though the rear sight only comes up a .05". We used to shoot at a man sized steel plate at 100 yrds. and it rang solidly with 115 gr 9mm.
I think the WWII load was 124gr.so that would change the trajectory, regards, Mike
Chris Christian Posted - December 07 2017 : 5:10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

What’s the drop of a 9mm from a pistol barrel at 500 meters?

A really BIG BUNCH... unless, of course, if you are shooting Plus-P loads. Then, it's still a BIG BUNCH... but not as much of a BIG BUNCH
LittleBill Posted - December 07 2017 : 4:35:38 PM
What’s the drop of a 9mm from a pistol barrel at 500 meters?
Chris Christian Posted - December 07 2017 : 2:27:38 PM
Nice find! Maybe a bit too rare for a 'truck gun'... since if you ever have to use it you might lose it. The 500 meter tangent sight is a 'bit optimistic'... but those older High Powers are remarkably nice guns.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000