Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 A Big Win

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oldmuleskinner Posted - December 02 2017 : 9:16:00 PM
I am sitting in LAX, for a 3 hour layover, on my way back home. My wife and I were in San Antonio, spending a few days with one of my business partners and his wife. We had a great time seeing the sights around town, in addition to taking care of some business. I didn’t realize how big San Antonio is…7th largest city in the US. We spent the afternoon at the Alamo and then went to the top of the Tower of the Americas. The next day we went to the LBJ library in Austin (it was very interesting, even if LBJ wasn’t my favorite President), and on the way home had an incredible dinner at a Texas smokehouse. Brisket, ribs, sausage with the usual side orders, and I discovered a new BBQ sauce that is mustard and vinegar based. I will be experimenting with making some next week and smoking some pulled pork.

The last time I was in San Antonio, we went into a facility on a university campus, and it was a gun-free zone. When we got back to the car, he saw me getting “dressed” for the trip back to his place. He was a little surprised to see me strapping on my ankle holster and then slipping my Remora holster with my Glock, into my waistband. I told him that I was legal to carry in Texas and asked him if he had any guns. He said that he didn’t, but pulled a baseball bat out of his trunk and said that he kept it in the car in case of trouble. I told him that I hoped that he never needed to use it, because if the other guy had a knife or gun, my friend would probably end up dead. He wasn’t anti-gun (he and his wife are both retired military) but just never had an interest in owning, or carrying a gun. He was a little curious about why I carried, so we talked about it on the drive home. A week later I sent him a Kimber Pepper Blaster for Christmas, and told him that I really wanted him to carry it when he was out and about. He thanked me and told me that he would keep it with him.

Fast forward to this week. He picked us up at the airport and after the usual greetings and hugs, we headed to his home. He told me that he now has a concealed permit and never leaves the house without a .380 on his ankle, and that he is now a member of his church’s security team. I was rather surprised. We all went out to dinner that night and I mentioned to his wife that I was pleased that he was now carrying. She told me that my discussion with him the previous year had opened his eyes, as well as hers. Then she said that she was also carrying…a Taurus 9mm on her belt and a .380 in her pocket. We talked about it for quite a while. They go to the range quite often, and she likes to shoot even more than he does.

I was really happy to know that both of them carry every day, and that I was the catalyst that made it happen. Now I need to work on him to get something bigger than his .380. I don’t think that it will take much for that to happen. I also let him know that my ankle rig is just my back-up to my back-up, and that IWB carry would be a better option for him to explore.

One more good guy, and his lady, with a gun!!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pop Pop Posted - December 04 2017 : 06:46:00 AM
I am trying to recruit also. Good work MULE. You did good! Also good to hear they are training by regular practice.
bandaidman Posted - December 04 2017 : 12:29:04 AM
2+ we need to try to get the moderates to look at what really is happening before it's too late
varetfed Posted - December 03 2017 : 09:58:38 AM
You certainly did a good thing for your friends - may save their lives some day. Well done.

VARETFED
Malcolm Posted - December 03 2017 : 09:44:27 AM
Yuuuuuuge win! We need all the good guys and girls on our side we can get.
LittleBill Posted - December 02 2017 : 11:39:11 PM
Good work!

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.13seconds. Snitz Forums 2000