Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Cop murdered in fast food place.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evan Posted - June 11 2019 : 10:38:49 AM
He was off duty and UNARMED. Apparently the thug recognized him and shot him in the back of the the head. I've been "off duty" for almost 50 years and I carry two handguns daily.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gw Posted - June 13 2019 : 09:48:53 AM
sometimes I'm torn between not wanting to be sucker punched (again) and being a good Christian

most of us don't know all the crap going on around us, cops should know and grow eyes in the back of their head.....
Pop Pop Posted - June 13 2019 : 08:16:32 AM
Very smart Arv. Good to find others who take life serious. For sure, their own.

Like some here I am no longer able to fight or run, so I have just a few options. I am always good to others also. Have been for all my life. Just plain good sense, IMO. Every fight I was ever in hurt in some way or another. Don't need the bother any longer. Just trying to be the "Grey Man."
Arvinator Posted - June 13 2019 : 07:26:38 AM
Due to my reading about a coupe of TOG's (Tough Old Guys) named Evan and a few more when I was a young rookie, it only made sense to carry a backup gun while on duty as a cop. I then soon decided to carry two guns while off duty as well. Now in uniform again, I'm carrying three...
revjen45 Posted - June 12 2019 : 8:34:59 PM
If I have a flat without a spare you'll find me calling AAA most rikki-tik.
Even with a spare I'll call because I have a hard time mounting a spare with the back injuries.
Before I carried a gun I was nice to people because I didn't want to get beat up.
Now it's because I don't want to have to shoot some bozo with an attitude problem.
Ref. the moron who got in some woman's face for where they were parked. Her husband came out and pushed him (lucky he didn't get smacked) and he shot the man.
Said moron is now in prison, IIRC.
If you're gonna carry a gun you can't go around raging at people.
Chris Christian Posted - June 12 2019 : 1:44:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

Chris, it's because we know we have options. If I go somewhere with out a spare and have a flat tire, you'll find me walking down the road with a black cloud following me. Charles DeGaulle said France was a civilized nation when everyone carried a sword.

Very true! An armed society is a polite society.

As well... I think it was John Steinbeck (but I could be wrong) who was quoted as saying "Never get into a fight with an old man. He knows he can't whup ya, so he'll just kill ya."

Evan Posted - June 12 2019 : 1:30:13 PM
Chris, it's because we know we have options. If I go somewhere with out a spare and have a flat tire, you'll find me walking down the road with a black cloud following me. Charles DeGaulle said France was a civilized nation when everyone carried a sword.
Chris Christian Posted - June 12 2019 : 1:04:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by revjen45

I'm not a cop, nor do I play one on TV. I'm a retiree with no known enemies and I carry a gun 24/7.
The world has gone crazy, and any large enough arbitrarily selected group of people will contain a %age who are capable of initiating violence for any or no reason.
Since I can't run or fight the only way to deal with such a threat is a gun.
I'm nice to everybody to reduce the chance that I will ever have to use it for serious social work.

+1. I too am an old fella that doesn't run or fight well anymore. So I carry. I'm also a much nicer person when I am carrying than when I didn't. Go figure
revjen45 Posted - June 12 2019 : 10:51:13 AM
I'm not a cop, nor do I play one on TV. I'm a retiree with no known enemies and I carry a gun 24/7.
The world has gone crazy, and any large enough arbitrarily selected group of people will contain a %age who are capable of initiating violence for any or no reason.
Since I can't run or fight the only way to deal with such a threat is a gun.
I'm nice to everybody to reduce the chance that I will ever have to use it for serious social work.
Pop Pop Posted - June 12 2019 : 09:56:21 AM
A lot of cops are not gun people and really should be. They haven't learned from the past.

I have a neighbor who is a retired cop. A couple years ago he had a late night visitor who he arrested and as a result the guy went to prison. The gov did not notify him the perp had been paroled out, and the thug wound up on my neighbors doorstep ready t kill him. My neighbor is a believer in being armed at all times. I am glad the guy didn't come 2 houses down the road because he would have been in my front yard.

I talked to my neighbor, a couple weeks after this happened to him, and he was telling me all about it. I told him that we had a late night prowler a couple years before his, although not like his "I think", so I proceeded to light the outside of my house and really reinforce all points of entry to our home. You can drive by his house now and it is lite up like a Christmas tree, and he has installed cameras and a burglar system in his home. To my thinking he is smart.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000