Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 The Real World
 Survivors' Tips
 Officer involved shooting, lesson learned

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arvinator Posted - June 15 2018 : 1:20:28 PM
A few months ago, a trooper was involved in a shooting with motorist. Trooper was shot in shoulder of his gun hand. He was in a bad situation. I noticed a few local troopers were carrying a small handgun in off side pocket ( something I do daily) and I'm glad.

Tip: your backup needs to be accessible in your non0dominant hand. While my primary handgun is carried on my right side, even when just around the house my 38 snub rides in my left front pocket with knife & compact flashlight ride in my right pocket.
Habit prevents confusion when ugly breaks loose...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Badge Posted - June 20 2018 : 5:53:14 PM
Had a buddy who was a Jersey Trooper as was his Dad. Father passed a Colt Cobra to new Trooper son to be carried in the LF Trouser pocket. He explained to me that violators watched the dominant gun hand but never the off hand and he approached his stops with his hand in that Trouser pocket wrapped around that .Cobra. I filed that away and did the same for 25 years as well. These day's I have a 3rd Gen Colt Cobra in mine,.. always.
heavyweight Posted - June 20 2018 : 07:54:47 AM
I carry a S&W 637 in a Serpa on my weak side. I have for about 6-7 years now. I watched a vid of a female officer with a pit bull latched on to her dominant arm and she was unable to access her duty weapon. Take a round in your dominant arm, get in a scrap and injure it, someone try to disarm you...many reasons to.
Evan Posted - June 16 2018 : 1:47:54 PM
I started carrying a second gun readily available to the non dominant hand in 1970 and still do.
LittleBill Posted - June 15 2018 : 7:26:36 PM
Why snubbies will never be ‘obsolete’....

Chris Christian Posted - June 15 2018 : 1:28:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arvinator

A few months ago, a trooper was involved in a shooting with motorist. Trooper was shot in shoulder of his gun hand. He was in a bad situation. I noticed a few local troopers were carrying a small handgun in off side pocket ( something I do daily) and I'm glad.

Tip: your backup needs to be accessible in your non0dominant hand. While my primary handgun is carried on my right side, even when just around the house my 38 snub rides in my left front pocket with knife & compact flashlight ride in my right pocket.
Habit prevents confusion when ugly breaks loose...

A BIG +1... and a good reminder. If a gun is available to either hand, the chances are you can always get a hand on one.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000