Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Heading Home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evan Posted - November 29 2017 : 11:05:55 AM
Here in Houston for grandson, Ian Marshall's eagle court of honor,, flying home in a bit. Ian is the 3rd of the 4th generation eagle scouts in our family
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleBill Posted - December 04 2017 : 08:07:59 AM
But I’m sure they’d appreciate the fact that you included Quinoa— which I just learned is pronounced ‘keen- wah’, BTW. It’s definitely one of the ‘hippest’ grains!

Ordering a sammich on “KeenWah”— assuming, of course, that you pronounce it right; if you don’t, then your whole effort backfires, and you end up looking totally un-hip— is one of the best ways of subtly alerting everyone to just how totally ‘with-it’ you are.

Which I’m sure is of utmost importance to all of us here....

LittleBill Posted - December 04 2017 : 08:04:21 AM
Ace, even when you’re in top form, your gift for humor will be totally wasted on them. If there’s one group that does NOT have a sense of humor, it’s the ‘gender justice warriors’!

In fact, I expect the coming ‘hate speech’ laws will include a section prohibiting anyone from making jokes about ‘sacred subjects’ like race and gender.

Ace Posted - December 03 2017 : 6:11:56 PM
If 'those people' were to target me, personally, for some reason, and were willing to have a conference to 'discuss our options' (that is, what I'd have to do to correct myself), and I offered to provide lunch, and offered them Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon (OK, triple bacon, just for Malcolm's sake), Tomato, and Quinoa sammiches----do you think they's catch the joke?

Sorry, I'm still exhausted from trying to find Bambi and his mom all day yesterday. I promise the jokes will get better once I'm rested up. Ace
LittleBill Posted - December 03 2017 : 3:24:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

You mean LGBTQ has something to do with gender? Ace

More to do with what happens when sanity and common sense go out the window; when those who used to be recognized as ‘troubled’, are now encouraged not only to diagnose themselves, but to decide what’s real for the rest of us.

The inmates are running the asylum now, and they’re coming after you... and everyone else who refuses to bow to the new PC standards of ‘groupthink’— in which all ‘good people’ are required by law to hold the same opinions... or suffer the consequences.

Look what recently happened to Google employee James Damore, who had the shameless audacity to respectfully suggest that men and women are different....

Never mind so-called ‘freedom of speech’— no longer can we afford to allow those sorts of hurtful, hateful ideas to be expressed! Those who continue to do so, will be brought to ‘justice’!

WR Moore Posted - December 03 2017 : 3:13:56 PM
Congrats on the Eagle scout, I never made it either.

Some years back I read one of those short previews of books at the back of another book. It was set in a future where maintaining ones' birth race/gender was seen as a sign of mental defect. I never bought any of those so I don't know if they were using the concept to expose the flaws in the whole "identity" thing or not. Wonder what future societies that run across our artifacts & ruins will make of us?
Ace Posted - December 03 2017 : 2:02:56 PM
You mean LGBTQ has something to do with gender? Ace
LittleBill Posted - December 02 2017 : 11:48:23 PM
Joke while you can, guys.

When Malcolm’s girl Kamala— or someone like her— is calling the shots, making those kind of hurtful, insensitive jokes about people’s sacred gender rights will be a serious hate crime.

And like current laws taking away the 2A rights of folks convicted of domestic abuse: would it make sense to let convicted ‘haters’ own firearms?

Malcolm Posted - December 02 2017 : 9:09:59 PM
Quinoa on a sandwich? No thanks, Ace, not me cuppatea.
Everything including triple the bacon, mmmmmmmmm!
Ace Posted - December 02 2017 : 9:04:20 PM
I don't see anything wrong with including LGBTQ's on Scout camping trips. Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon, Tomato, and Quinoa makes a dandy sandwich. Ace
jle3030 Posted - December 02 2017 : 12:11:36 PM
Nothing like a coed camping trip with LGBTQetc troop members and leaders to foster gender fluidity!

Jeff
LittleBill Posted - December 02 2017 : 08:49:32 AM
“Political correctness”? But.... allowing homosexual and ‘transgender’ scoutmasters will make scouting so much more diverse... and we all know, the more diversity, the better...

Not to mention the opportunity to teach the ‘virtue’ of ‘tolerance’ to the young men... oops, pardon me, I should have said, the youngwhatever-gender-they-choose-to-identify-with’ individuals.... and we all know, there’s no higher virtue than tolerating any and every kind of bizarre pathology that comes along... the only thing we refuse to tolerate, is intolerance....

And think of all the possibilities for new merit badges...

Malcolm Posted - December 01 2017 : 6:51:14 PM
Congratulations, Evan, on his achievement. I fear he will be one of the last. Our grandsons are seeing their Scouting experiences curtailed, due to the clash between the beliefs of thier chartering organization, and the BSA itself,many their (in my opinion), idiotic political correctectness gone amok.
We no longer financially support the BSA nationally nor their Councils through Friends of Scouting, or any other of their fund raising.
Pop Pop Posted - December 01 2017 : 08:39:24 AM
One of our church leaders is a Eagle Scout. Fine and caring man. Still talks about his scouting days with much pleasure.
BatteryOaksBilly Posted - November 30 2017 : 6:24:23 PM
I have never known an Eagle that didn't grow into a prosperous adult.
Jim Higginbotham Posted - November 30 2017 : 09:00:12 AM
Congrats! I never made it to Eagle - they kicked me out of the Boy Scouts for being "too prepared"

Jim
Evan Posted - November 30 2017 : 06:24:01 AM
Agree, but agenda people are generally stupid so I have little hope.

Eye Doc today-my left eye-the dominant one is blurry as all distances and at 75 I'm learning to shoot left handed and right eyed.
bandaidman Posted - November 30 2017 : 03:50:35 AM
Congratulations to your grandson, it's going to be increasingly harder to earn the rank of Eagle Scout I fear due to the churches change in emphasis. I think that BSA shot themselves in the foot more than just figuratively in becoming politically correct. I just hope that leaders realize the real reason for the scout program learning leadership AND gaining experience in earning merit badges.
Arvinator Posted - November 29 2017 : 10:10:49 PM
Congrats to him, and glad you are going home to your soulmate. Hope your trip was a good one.
LittleBill Posted - November 29 2017 : 6:33:20 PM
Malcolm Posted - November 29 2017 : 5:43:10 PM
I am glad I’m not the only one who uses the “Faculty Lounge”, to get dressed, as well as address my needs for expressing thoughts on tenure of academics.
oldmuleskinner Posted - November 29 2017 : 3:07:44 PM
Congrats on the Eagle Scout.

My wife and I just landed in San Antonio for a quick business trip. I just went into the airport restroom to get "dressed".

Have a safe trip home.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000