Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 CMP and 1911's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uncle Mike Posted - November 19 2017 : 1:03:24 PM
Hi, the bill which is an add on to a bigger defense bill is on the way to President Trump. When signed the Secretary of the Army will transfer 10,000 1911's over to the CMP. The bill specifies not more than 10,000 in 2018 and 2019 but not less than 8,000. This includes accessories and parts. These firearms include 1911's and 1911-1a's and are considered surplus. 10K sound like a lot but because of all the excitement stirred up by the on line boys I think these will be gone soon. They must be sent to an FFL. This may slow down this a bit. The rare stuff will go to the CMP Auction site. I expect prices to be high, regards, Mike
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jlwilliams Posted - November 29 2017 : 07:07:52 AM
Considering the market availability of new guns and the scarcity of unmolested old ones, they would be foolish to take anything less than they can get for them. Several thousand legit USGI pistols hitting the market is an exciting prospect.
Ten Driver Posted - November 26 2017 : 7:51:33 PM
I hope so! It will be interesting to see how these are priced by CMP.
Uncle Mike Posted - November 26 2017 : 3:43:38 PM
Hi Ten Driver, I don't see anyone using them for projects. I call that taking a $1000 gun and turning into a $100 gun. They will be too expensive, regards, Mike
Ten Driver Posted - November 26 2017 : 3:33:41 PM
Excellent news!

Another example of how important the last election was.

I hope we won't see a lot of these get butchered by wannabe gunsmiths who choose to use them as base guns for a build. In most cases, these warhorses should probably stay "as is," I think.

Mike

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000