Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 SIG 320 Upgrades

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
exfed2002 Posted - October 21 2017 : 1:25:43 PM
I'm still waiting for my mailing labels, but reports are out on some of the 320's that have been sent for upgrades and returned.

The turnaround times are very good, a matter of days, and the operational reports are saying that the work is of excellent quality and the triggers are great.

My retired freind who lives a mile from SIG and knows all of the folks tells me the test firing takes longer to do than the gunsmithing.

Can't wait to get my labels.........
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheQuietMan Posted - November 07 2017 : 6:36:16 PM
Dropped off at FedEx on 28 Oct.

Picking up at FedEx on 8 Nov.
Ten Driver Posted - October 30 2017 : 01:58:31 AM
Thank you Sir! I'll look for it.

Mike
TheQuietMan Posted - October 29 2017 : 3:43:50 PM
My first mailing label arrived Friday.
exfed2002 Posted - October 29 2017 : 05:40:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

Thank you for the info Sir! I haven't dared to dive into the other forums, out of fear that I'd have to wade through 300 pages of garbage to find the nugget I was looking for. That's what makes this forum so nice!

Mike

Mike,

I just put in a link for approval of a video by SIG that details what is being done with the upgrade.
Ten Driver Posted - October 24 2017 : 5:53:29 PM
Thank you for the info Sir! I haven't dared to dive into the other forums, out of fear that I'd have to wade through 300 pages of garbage to find the nugget I was looking for. That's what makes this forum so nice!

Mike
exfed2002 Posted - October 24 2017 : 07:40:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver
[but the nature of the upgrade is still unclear to me.

Is it something as simple as a reduced weight trigger, or will there be a Glock-like tab added to the trigger face?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

If you go into any of the SIG fora, or Google the upgrade, there is plenty of info and photos. They are adding a modified disconnector so there is no chance of out of battery ignition, and are lightening some components so that a shock cannot cause them to move.

I know the firing pin block spring is very light, and the safety lever comes up if the trigger barely moves. I can see how if the weapon is dropped at the right angle on its tail, a discharge is possible.

I think more is being made of this than is warranted. I think you can get lots of weapons, and especially older ones, to discharge if dropped "just right."

I think back to when a bunch of us in the office ordered the first run of Glock 19's in 1988 (we did not know about Evan's beta tester rule at the time). One day I finished cleaning mine after a range session and took a look at a round as I was reloading. There was a firing pin indent on the primer...... I then took a fresh round and racked it in, then checked it. Same thing. Glock said there was no such problem, but send it in. It came back with a different color trigger bar.

I was lucky, a couple of friends had the same problem and one shot his bed while racking a round in.

Four years later they did the big upgrade.

I've never been comfortable with striker fired pistols, I prefer a hammer, which is why I'm more comfortable with my 250. I do like the 320's, but always was very leery of the striker, and am especially careful when reholstering as there is no warning like you would get with a hammer if there is a problem.

I got rid of the 19 20 years ago, don't miss it. I never could warm up to it, then a few years later my ex used her service 19 to commit suicide. So I'm a bit jaundiced about them.

OTOH, a former direct report who hated Glocks just got a 43 and loves it. I tried it and it 's not bad, so I'm waiting for my paperwork to show up so I can pick one up blue label.

I guess I'll always be a SIG man, they've been good to me.
Ten Driver Posted - October 22 2017 : 9:18:41 PM
Hello Exfed,

Sig has been a little shy about discussing the details of the fix, to my knowledge. Do you know what the fix entails?

I had heard a Sig rep on one of the podcasts discuss how the MHS pistol had been "upgraded" by Sig before they began work on the contract guns, and the guns which DoD will receive will have the upgrade in place from the start, but the nature of the upgrade is still unclear to me.

Is it something as simple as a reduced weight trigger, or will there be a Glock-like tab added to the trigger face?

Thanks,
Mike

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000