Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Remington R51 ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gold40 Posted - October 12 2017 : 9:30:20 PM
What is the beginning serial number for the "new updated Remington Model R51 ?"

I know the first batch had many problems, and were partially recalled. Supposedly the newer ones are much better.

I looked at a use R51 in a local gun shop today. I might buy it if it is the later version. But I don't know how to determine if it is the later revision. Is there a serial number cut-off point?

gold40
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Olddog84 Posted - October 19 2017 : 10:56:07 AM
I bought one of the new ones, I like to see how things work. Don't bother. It is OK, but the serrations on the frontstrap are very sharp, the trigger is nothing to write home about, and the frame above the grip safety digs into my hand under recoil: there is really nothing to recommend it over a shield or equivalent. I keep it because it isn't really worth much and has little trade value. It is a safe queen in my book. YMMV.
Mike
Chris Christian Posted - October 13 2017 : 4:19:52 PM
Remington is digging its own grave, and their current management seems quite happy to provide an unlimited supply or shovels... and even a backhoe or two.

As a writer I often have to contact PR people. Try getting one from Remington. They aren't there, or they don't care.

So... what!? We don't have other gun & ammo makers who put out a quality product and aren't afraid to talk about it?

That's a redundant question... we do... so why deal with Remington at all?
Uncle Mike Posted - October 13 2017 : 2:20:31 PM
Hi, I don't see the need to resurrect the Pedersen design. I like things "simple" like me. I would rather have Jim's 51 they were well made and collectable, regards, Mike
Evan Posted - October 13 2017 : 11:56:23 AM
OK, so they didn't get it right the first time but released them anyway so now we're going to trust them?
gw Posted - October 13 2017 : 08:43:17 AM
the new production should be stamped Huntsville AL

th first runs were stamped Charlote NC, some of the first run may have been assembled in Alabama but were still stamped NC

When in doubt call Remington

good luck, I wouldn't buy one with someone else's money.....
Jim Higginbotham Posted - October 13 2017 : 08:37:00 AM
I have a 51 made in 1919 - quality is pretty good but I haven't got a lot of use for a .380.

The R51 did not appeal to me even before we heard about problems. I haven't liked the way they are doing 700s now for a while - old ones are OK.

I do hope they get their QC in order.

Jim
jle3030 Posted - October 13 2017 : 04:10:27 AM
1. The original examples exhibited serious flaws.

2. Remington is fast acquiring a reputation for lousy quality control, even with long established designs.

3. Somebody decided to trade off that particular gun.

Is this to be a fun gun, a project, or do you plan to bet your life on it?

Jeff

LittleBill Posted - October 13 2017 : 01:04:00 AM
Evan's rule: wait a year before buying any new gun. I'm guessing that would include newly-released upgrades as well....

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.2seconds. Snitz Forums 2000