Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Shield Magazine Release Issue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Badge Posted - September 30 2017 : 5:37:54 PM
Has anyone who uses the Shield had an issue with the Magazine dropping while firing? I've contacted Smith and they sent me a new assembly and Spring but it did not alleviate the problem. It seems I am touching the " Button ", while firing and I feel a stronger Spring would cure it. Anyone else have this issue?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Badge Posted - October 21 2017 : 3:20:18 PM
Discovered a company named NDC that makes many things including finger extensions for Shields Magazines. I ordered one to try and see if it negates the weapons rise during rapid firing and my engaging the Magazine Release. I know this is my issue and not the weapons but it is disconcerting. Keep you posted.
Badge Posted - October 03 2017 : 11:04:41 PM
Ace, Jle, Old Dog,.... your all very insightful. Yep,.. it's definitely me hitting it. I am trying to be more self aware but for the moment it is not being carried and may be replaced as I cannot have that situation occur under stress needless to say. Not the first round or last,.... just depends on when my grip must slide up. I have to keep working on it.
Olddog84 Posted - October 03 2017 : 3:57:20 PM
Funny, I sold my brother a Kahr when I got my Shield, and he had that problem with it. Had to be his hold, nobody else had the problem, but he dropped the mag every time he shot it. He sold it and got a Shield, problem solved! Further proof that we need to see what works for US, eh?
Mike
jle3030 Posted - October 01 2017 : 6:02:21 PM
First round? A holster issue? I've had the problem with more than one small pocket pistol.

Jeff
Ace Posted - October 01 2017 : 5:53:42 PM
Could it be your grip, maybe making contact with the release? I did have one left-handed guy at the store who was pushing in on his release with his 'regular' grip; we figured out a slight change in his trigger finger, and solved the problem---but I don't think his was a Shield. Ace
LfiGrad Posted - October 01 2017 : 4:45:22 PM
Hi Badge,

I have two of them, both in 9mm. I have not had this problem.

Badge Posted - October 01 2017 : 4:27:37 PM
I'm sure it's a me issue but I would like a stiffer spring for the release.
Arvinator Posted - September 30 2017 : 11:08:10 PM
I've taken my 9mm out several times and my 45 once. Neither one has done this with me.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000