Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 confessions of a Glock hater

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bandaidman Posted - September 15 2017 : 6:18:05 PM
Ok I was at my LGS browsing around as they had a H&K VP9SK that I was drooling over, and saw that they had the new gen 5 glocks in. I asked to hold it just to see what was different. And for the first time when I aimed at something I didn't need to raise my wrist to be on target and it actually felt good. Not as good as the VP9 SK mind you but not bad. I might even think about getting one,... right after I get the VP9SK, another Mod2 XD9, A XDe 9 and another one right after they make it in double stack. a Taurus 809 (for less than 200.00 a steal and a great trigger too bad they aren't making them anymore).Another browning high power.
Oh in revolvers the new 44 special ruger, a 4 inch 69 or 629 if I could find a good one. a compact 38 ether S&W early or Ruger LCR in .357 so I can shoot it without worry. After I get all these I think I might be ready to get a glock.. But at least from now on I won't bad mouth them.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zeke Posted - September 18 2017 : 07:43:17 AM
Finally bought a glock 19 this past year. Am now in process of imitating it's big wide open "old man" sights on other pistols. While some hate those cheap plastic white outline sights, they be just the thing for old eyes up close and friendly.
bandaidman Posted - September 18 2017 : 02:27:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Mike

Hi banaideman, I was not a fan of the Glock. I fired one of the first .40 S&W and found it ergonomically to my liking. I looked at the 45 ACP as the .40 S&W is not "my" cartridge. I found the 45 ACP ergonomically not to my liking. I have never seen the G 41 SF which is said to have a smaller grip. I did buy a G17 and a G43 when I found out Glock give first responders a discount. It's called the "Blue Label" program. Check it out EMT's, etc. are covered. I used to say plastic guns have no soul, but changed my mind when I got a discount, . Money talks I guess, regards, Mike

Mike I can qualify for the"Blue Label" in a couple of ways,First I am a Nurse that volunteers with the Reserve Medical Corps, and secondly I've been volunteering with the County Sheriffs department as an emergency communications person for 26 years. And once I get another H&K VP9 I might just might get a fifth gen Glock before I really retire to my reloading room
bandaidman Posted - September 18 2017 : 02:16:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by gw

9mm Glocks will be like the 1911

parts and magazines available for 100 years

don't know about a Taurus 809.....

Sad but true, for a double-single action the Taurus 800 series has one of the nicest trigger pulls and quickest resets around.Even as good or better than a SIG. As much as I like my 840(which I bought just to have an inexpensive 40S&W to shoot the Sheriff's ammo they gave us hams as a thank you for helping each year) I think Taurus made a good decision in cutting back from a new model a month to keeping those that are making money.
My youngest son wants my od xd9 and I have told him that he just has to exchange it for a gray mod2 XD9, that way I'll have a pair. Evan's reasons for carrying 2 has more than one thing going for it, even with my bad back if I carry 2 of the same weight my back doesn't bother me but if I carry different weights I have back aches within the hour.
LittleBill Posted - September 17 2017 : 4:13:45 PM
Pretty amazing to realize that Gaston Glock had no previous experience designing firearms.... he sure hit it out of the park his first time at bat!

gw Posted - September 17 2017 : 4:05:50 PM
9mm Glocks will be like the 1911

parts and magazines available for 100 years

don't know about a Taurus 809.....
LittleBill Posted - September 17 2017 : 12:17:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Mike

Hi banaideman, I was not a fan of the Glock. I fired one of the first .40 S&W and found it ergonomically to my liking. I looked at the 45 ACP as the .40 S&W is not "my" cartridge. I found the 45 ACP ergonomically not to my liking. I have never seen the G 41 SF which is said to have a smaller grip. I did buy a G17 and a G43 when I found out Glock give first responders a discount. It's called the "Blue Label" program. Check it out EMT's, etc. are covered. I used to say plastic guns have no soul, but changed my mind when I got a discount, . Money talks I guess, regards, Mike

Right: get it cheap enough, it becomes a good investment, regardless of anything else.

Another 'reason' I've 'found' for 'needing' to get a Glock, is how popular they are. Like with AKs, whether or not you prefer them, it's always good to be able to shoot them well in case you ever end up needing to use one 'in a pinch'.

Or so I keep telling myself....
LittleBill Posted - September 17 2017 : 12:05:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

Now Malcolm and Bill if you stopped to add all the other pistols I mentioned and realized just how much they would have cost before I would have gotten around to buying said Glock I figure that the melenium will happen well before I need worry myself about buying said Glock. I really am planning on getting the VP9SK to be the younger brother to the VP9. And I really have found that carrying two of the same thing doesn't hurt my back so I need 2mod 2xd's,VP9's xde's etc. And since I don't win lotteries or buy tickets until I can stand long enough to take a mag80, or Tom Givens class or even another Frontsitght class I need to be happy with what I have

Yep! Just when I think I've gotten every gun I 'really need', another one pops up. And so far it never seems to be a Glock.

Like some folks seeing that cute little puppy at the animal shelter: I just find it hard to say 'no' to a gun that's giving me that wide-eyed innocent 'look' and begging me to take it home...

Uncle Mike Posted - September 17 2017 : 12:02:45 PM
LittleBill Posted - September 17 2017 : 12:00:31 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by silverback

Welcome to the dark sideTry being a Kahr fan so alone,so alone.

Oh no I have a good friend who is a kahr fan who just hasn't bought one yet. If he could walk into a store that had the one he wanted he would be there for sure.

If my experience is any guide, your Kahr-loving friend could find the exact one he's looking for--- and likely cheaper as well--- on the Internet.

I haven't yet seen a gun at my local gun stores that I couldn't get cheaper online, even factoring in shipping. But maybe it's different out your way.

And some of the best deals can be had by buying privately from folks on Armslist.

bandaidman Posted - September 17 2017 : 01:53:25 AM
Now Malcolm and Bill if you stopped to add all the other pistols I mentioned and realized just how much they would have cost before I would have gotten around to buying said Glock I figure that the melenium will happen well before I need worry myself about buying said Glock. I really am planning on getting the VP9SK to be the younger brother to the VP9. And I really have found that carrying two of the same thing doesn't hurt my back so I need 2mod 2xd's,VP9's xde's etc. And since I don't win lotteries or buy tickets until I can stand long enough to take a mag80, or Tom Givens class or even another Frontsitght class I need to be happy with what I have
bandaidman Posted - September 17 2017 : 01:37:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by silverback

Oh no I have a good friend who is a kahr fan who just hasn't bought one yet. If he could walk into a store that had the one he wanted he would be there for sure.
silverback Posted - September 16 2017 : 8:03:15 PM
LittleBill Posted - September 16 2017 : 12:45:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

Careful, Terry, you are teetering on the edge of, " The Glock Side"!

Indeed!
quote:

Ok I was at my LGS browsing around as they had a H&K VP9SK that I was drooling over, and saw that they had the new gen 5 glocks in. I asked to hold it just to see what was different. And for the first time when I aimed at something I didn't need to raise my wrist to be on target and it actually felt good. Not as good as the VP9 SK mind you but not bad. I might even think about getting one,... right after I get the VP9SK, another Mod2 XD9, A XDe 9 and another one right after they make it in double stack. a Taurus 809 (for less than 200.00 a steal and a great trigger too bad they aren't making them anymore).Another browning high power.
Oh in revolvers the new 44 special ruger, a 4 inch 69 or 629 if I could find a good one. a compact 38 ether S&W early or Ruger LCR in .357 so I can shoot it without worry. After I get all these I think I might be ready to get a glock.. But at least from now on I won't bad mouth them.

For goodness' sake, Terry, be careful! We don't want to lose you to The Glock Side...

From now on, maybe it would be better to just look...

Malcolm Posted - September 16 2017 : 11:47:45 AM
Careful, Terry, you are teetering on the edge of, " The Glock Side"!
4949shooter Posted - September 16 2017 : 06:02:48 AM
You should register for Glocktalk.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000