Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Got to Hold a Gen 5 at my LGS / Range

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
4949shooter Posted - September 04 2017 : 12:58:13 PM
I asked to hold the Gen 5 Glock 19 at my local range / gun shop.

The gun did feel different than my Gen 4, which I had just gotten done firing along with some 10mm 1911's a buddy owns. The sight picture was somewhat odd to me. The back of the slide looks different.

The trigger felt much improved, and was noticeably lighter and had a crisp break. The finish was darker black than my gen 4 and gen 3 guns. This finish is supposed to be a new Glock proprietary ion bonded finish. I guess time will tell how it holds up.

I thought the gun was going to feel a lot like my Gen 2 G23 (no finger grooves) but it really didn't feel like my Gen 2 at all. I think it will take some getting used to. I plan on picking one up next year. Hopefully next time at the range I will rent one. When I do I will update this post on the shooting characteristics.

They had no Gen 5's in stock at Blue Label pricing.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malcolm Posted - September 13 2017 : 2:04:45 PM
I like my two gen 2.5 Glocks, a 19 and a 26. I carry the 26 daily and use G-19 mags in it with grip adapters, fits my hands like it was made for them. I also like my gen 3(barely) Glock 19. I see no reason to get the latest and greatest when I know what I have and use, works well for MY personal situations.
Glocks are still as ugly as all get out in comparison to my BHP, but, they are comforting to carry and use.
gw Posted - September 13 2017 : 08:25:59 AM
the trigger spring assembly should be an upgrade worth having, the older generation hooked trigger spring is a weak link prone to breaking. the new assembly should improve durability.

i doubt that assembly is a drop in upgrade

cut rifling should be a plus too and that barrel might be a drop in upgrade.

i also like the scallop cut on the front of the slide, wish they'd give the same treatment to the rear of the slide. makes for slicker feeling gun tucked in IWB

they seem to stick with the same crappy sights unless you get the night sight upgrade
Arvinator Posted - September 13 2017 : 06:54:48 AM
I handled a Glock 17 Gen 5 yesterday. While it felt good in my hands, can't really say it held much better than my Gen 4. Maybe in a few years I'll try to shot one just to check on the perfection...
Arvinator Posted - September 06 2017 : 06:42:39 AM
I have a Gen 2 Glock 17, Gen3 Glock 22, and a Gen4 Glock 17.

Thus far, they have all been great shooting handguns but I'll confess I shoot and like the 9mm over the .40

I wear the Gen4 Glock 17 to work daily loaded with +P Gold Dots and it is at bedside every night.

Just personal preference.
4949shooter Posted - September 05 2017 : 04:50:00 AM
My Gen 3's are the best.
Evan Posted - September 04 2017 : 1:24:00 PM
I carry a gen 3 Glock 22 daily. I like it just fine, but I clean and lube it.

It seems to me, however, if you start with perfection there is only one direction you can move in.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000