Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 RevolverGuy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ten Driver Posted - August 27 2017 : 02:30:46 AM
Hello Folks,

My friend and I have been working on a blog dedicated to revolvers, and we've got a few entries that you might enjoy if you're a wheelgun fan. Please take a look and let us know what you think. The approved link is in the Website References subforum.

Thanks!
Mike
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleBill Posted - July 22 2018 : 09:09:52 AM
Iím guessing it must have required quite an investment on Kimberís part to tool up for making the K6; so they must have come to the conclusion that thereís still an ongoing market for wheelguns.

I wonder how theyíre selling..... ?

Ten Driver Posted - July 22 2018 : 12:50:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

I've mentioned a few times in conversations about the new Kimber wheelie that I'm not sure what it does better than a S&W or Ruger; response is usually something like 'Yeah, but it's a Kimber!'

Having worked with one extensively, I'd say the biggies are:

1. 6 rounds, in the same size;
2. MUCH better sights;
3. Better trigger, out of the box.

They're too young to declare anything about long term durability yet, but my impression is that these guns are well made--better than some of the 1911s bearing the same marque, in fact.

I love the S&W and Ruger products too. They all offer their own set of advantages, but the Kimber guns are worth serious consideration.

Mike
Ten Driver Posted - July 22 2018 : 12:42:01 AM
Thanks for the thoughts Chris, I think you're onto something.

What I'm finding with this RevolverGuy thing is that there's a surprising number of . . . ahem . . . younger shooters who are attracted to revolvers too. These folks grew up with all the plastic fantastic, and some of them are bored with it and looking for something new (at least to them) and interesting. Revolvers are so inherently fun that they're attractive to just about everybody.

My partner-in-crime at RG is on the back end of the Gen X spectrum and I'm on the front end, so that puts both of us somewhere in the middle of the pack. Our readers run the gamut from Millenials to Boomers. All of us are united in our love for these great guns, which are far from being dead or obsolete, as Chris ably noted!

Long live the round gun!

Mike
Ace Posted - July 21 2018 : 10:40:36 PM
Well, the revolver is rounder, the semi is flatter.... Ace
jle3030 Posted - July 21 2018 : 9:02:49 PM
Gun owners are enamored and gun banners are horrified that a semiautomatic pistol fires a shot with every pull of the trigger. Aside from the mechanical means by which that is accomplished I'm hard pressed to see the effective difference between a single stack autopistol and a 6-7-8 shot double action revolver.

Jeff
Ace Posted - July 21 2018 : 9:02:43 PM
I've mentioned a few times in conversations about the new Kimber wheelie that I'm not sure what it does better than a S&W or Ruger; response is usually something like 'Yeah, but it's a Kimber!'

I just hope they don't spend as much time back at the factory as a lot of their 1911-styles I've seen. Ace
LittleBill Posted - July 21 2018 : 6:02:53 PM
If Kimberís success with the K6S is any indication, revolvers ainít dead yet....

Chris Christian Posted - July 21 2018 : 4:25:19 PM
As an afterthought... the first time your currently 'COOL" pint-sized .380 or 9mm goes 'click' instead of 'bang' in a Code Red situation... you might wish you had one of those "old fangling wheelie guns instead of what the 'gun rags' told you to buy.

Just my thoughts. They're free... so they're worth every penny you paid for them
Chris Christian Posted - July 21 2018 : 4:18:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

Indeed! That's why we're trying to grow some new ones.

Well said! I think many of us here grew up with Skelton, Keith, Jordan, Taffin, Cooper, etc... and they looked old when we were young.

And now some of us look older than they did at the time.

Jeff

Both Ten Driver's and Jeff's points are very much on the mark. Revolvers seem to have fallen by the wayside in "general gun media".

Not that they're useless, out dated, old fashioned, or no longer serious personal defense options. Just that they aren't as Cool" as the latest 'whiz bang' pint-sized semi-auto pocket pistol... that is about as small... holds a few more rounds... but sometimes (Big Oops!) fails to go BANG more often than a revolver.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. My strong side gun is a 16-shot 9mm.
But, being an 'Old Fart'.. I often have a five-shot snubby on my offside.

But, that's not really "COOL" anymore... so I don't say it a lot.
jle3030 Posted - July 21 2018 : 3:14:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:

Well said! I think many of us here grew up with Skelton, Keith, Jordan, Taffin, Cooper, etc... and they looked old when we were young.

And now some of us look older than they did at the time.

Jeff
Chris Christian Posted - July 21 2018 : 12:38:44 PM
quote:

Ten Driver Posted - July 21 2018 : 12:24:20 PM
bandaidman Posted - July 19 2018 : 11:02:44 PM
My problem is that I had binge reading and think I have covered all the articles written in just a couple of day/nights. Withdrawl is terrible. . Wish we had a modern day Elmer Keith, or maybe just some stories about Elmer. John Taffin is probably the last of the old revolver guys.
Ten Driver Posted - July 18 2018 : 9:35:21 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! Traffic has slowed down pretty dramatically over the summer--that's natural. We've got some neat stuff lined up for the rest of summer though and some special projects planned for the Fall, so stay tuned!

Thanks,
Mike
Pop Pop Posted - July 17 2018 : 12:26:20 PM
I will say I am a regular reader of "Revolver Guy" and enjoying it. The review on the small camp stove, well you know? Thanks for the hard work guys.
Ten Driver Posted - June 24 2018 : 4:54:56 PM
Ha! Me too, Jim!

We're going one-handed this week on RG. Let us know what you think.

Mike
Jim Higginbotham Posted - June 17 2018 : 10:51:17 AM
quote:

Guys, if you love revolvers, then you HAVE TO check out the article Steve Tracy wrote for RevolverGuy on his Skeeter Skelton tribute revolvers! Bring a towel to wipe up the drool. They're magnificent!

Mike

I did and they are - I think I drooled into my keyboard

Jim
Ten Driver Posted - June 17 2018 : 02:25:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LittleBill

Excellent article on the Kimber K6S on RevolverGuy. Best I've seen anywhere.

Thank you Sir! Glad you enjoyed it, and I appreciate the kind words!

We've been shooting two samples and will post our first field report before too long.

V/R
Mike
LittleBill Posted - June 13 2018 : 11:21:59 AM
Excellent article on the Kimber K6S on RevolverGuy. Best I've seen anywhere.

Ten Driver Posted - March 25 2018 : 02:56:26 AM
Check out Steve's Fitz Special on the blog! Wow!
Adj1 Posted - March 02 2018 : 1:34:51 PM
Great Blog! Bookmarked!
Ten Driver Posted - February 03 2018 : 10:09:09 PM
SHOT Show review posted. Check out that engraved Korth! Yikes.
Ten Driver Posted - January 28 2018 : 4:59:21 PM
Thanks Chris! Much appreciated! I didn't know Sherry but she sounds like she was a hoot! My loss for not meeting her.

Mike
Chris Christian Posted - January 28 2018 : 1:22:43 PM
quote:

This week: Ruger Burgers!

That was funny! I knew Sherry, and her temperment, and wasn't surprised when the 'Ruger Burger' ad made it's debut. That was a nice page from history.
Dave in PA Posted - January 28 2018 : 12:40:39 PM
Mike,

Thanks to you and Justin for the excellent site! I really liked the article "Prepared, Revolverguy style". Great information and I like that you will also have some related type articles that most likely interest your readers.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000