Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 9mm Corbon DPX--- why so scarce?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleBill Posted - May 10 2017 : 08:10:44 AM
I can't find 115 gr 9mm DPX anywhere: Ammoseek yields no sellers, it's out of stock on the Corbon website.

What gives? Where's it all going? Is CB simply unable to make enough to keep up with the demand?

Buds and Midway have Buffalo Bore's TAC-XP +P+ loading of the 115 gr Barnes bullet in stock, but apparently that's all that's to be had.

Whassup widdat?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajt Posted - September 14 2017 : 10:35:29 AM
After years of checking out the ammo shelves of every store that I go into that carries ammo, I now have one magazine full, plus one round for the chamber, of DPX in every semi-auto that I own, except for my Makarovs - they carry CB's that I found at the closing of gun store in a small town that I was passing through years ago. And I have one cylinder full of DPX for every revolver, however some .357's are stoked with .38 specials. The search continues. I am also currently trying to replace the ammo in the back-up mags, two for each semi, currently holding 127 gr Ranger +P+, with Federal 124 gr HRT std pressure due to the ages of the potential users in this household (12 - 92), due to recoil and blast. (My 92 yr old MIL is in much better health than I am!) I have no problem with the way they are set up right now, but no harm in improving when I can. I have thought of going with standard pressure 9BP. I have noticed that I have never been able to find DPX at a gun show.
pochis Posted - September 14 2017 : 09:01:40 AM
the DPX is some pricey stuff but it would comfort me to have in my 9mm,what little I have seen is 32- 35 per 20 rds
LittleBill Posted - July 15 2017 : 07:50:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

While I don't carry DPX at present in my repertoire, I find GREAT comfort in using and carrying the CorBon 125 grain JHP loads in my 9mm pistols, especially when visiting my native state of California. I have personally been present at situations where it was used on duty as well as off duty shooting incidents. I doubt that any of the receivers of said load, were thinking, "Gee, that sure doesn't feel like I got shot wit a DPX round....".
I've also been known to sneak (Gasp!) Powerball 9mm loads on board some of my 9mm carry pistols as well, for use in more temperate climes.
So, LB, fear not, there are "alternatives", or, we all can schedule a man-trip to the House of Pi in South Dakota and offer up our services in exchange for DPX loads.
I can see the free way exit ramps littered with Forum members with professionally done signage, "...will ACTUALLY work, for DPX!"
Hey, that's not too bad of an idea after all!

Sounds like a splendid idea, Malcolm, sign me up!

"I'll do anything except serve as a test-dummy."

"Yes; but I'm not that kind of dummy!"

Nobby42d Posted - July 15 2017 : 06:29:46 AM
I believe that Asym +P uses the original Barnes bullet, same as earlier DPX and Barnes TacX PD obviously does also in standard pressure load listed at 1125fps. That ammo was available not long ago, and both use nickel brass, and so does the new DPX. I'd still prefer the gen 3 version of DPX. I don't need that much of it, since spare mags are all HST.
Malcolm Posted - July 14 2017 : 2:03:21 PM
While I don't carry DPX at present in my repertoire, I find GREAT comfort in using and carrying the CorBon 125 grain JHP loads in my 9mm pistols, especially when visiting my native state of California. I have personally been present at situations where it was used on duty as well as off duty shooting incidents. I doubt that any of the receivers of said load, were thinking, "Gee, that sure doesn't feel like I got shot wit a DPX round....".
I've also been known to sneak (Gasp!) Powerball 9mm loads on board some of my 9mm carry pistols as well, for use in more temperate climes.
So, LB, fear not, there are "alternatives", or, we all can schedule a man-trip to the House of Pi in South Dakota and offer up our services in exchange for DPX loads.
I can see the free way exit ramps littered with Forum members with professionally done signage, "...will ACTUALLY work, for DPX!"
Hey, that's not too bad of an idea after all!
Evan Posted - July 14 2017 : 11:57:29 AM
Guys, Peter is an old friend and he is working as hard as they can to provide ammo. I think DPX is the best thing out there and carry it in all my guns

You gotta love an ammo mfg who carries two guns daily.
Nobby42d Posted - July 14 2017 : 01:27:04 AM
There are 3 generations of CorBon DPX. The latest gen 3 is made in house, has a radically redesigned profile with a very small cavity in 9mm. Finally, there are some gelatin tests, bare and clothing, available for the new bullet and it appears to deliver as advertised. Penetration as good as the previous stuff, and petals that do not bend back, resulting in a very impressive expanded diameter. The last DPX I got was directly from CorBon, but these days I'm as frustrated as everyone else trying to get ahold of the stuff.

Always wondered how a bullet's expanded diameter could increase so much and still penetrate as deep as the smaller diameters. I'm guessing here, but I suspect that the longer petals being thinner have more space between them, thus cutting down on resistance.
whododat Posted - May 11 2017 : 06:21:00 AM
I just inquired about availability of their 125 gr 357 Sig ammo to Corbon directly and was told it would be back in stock the end of May. That was for their standard JHP, not the DPX.
LittleBill Posted - May 10 2017 : 6:42:01 PM
I hear you.... and have no idea what's involved in expanding production.

But if I had a product that (to those in the know) represents the cutting edge in bullet technology--- and that was selling like hotcakes everywhere it was available, so much so that everywhere that sold it was out of stock and waiting for more--- I think I'd be looking for ways to satisfy that demand.

Arvinator Posted - May 10 2017 : 09:17:36 AM
Because it sells like hotcakes and they are not as big as other makers would be my guess.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.2seconds. Snitz Forums 2000