Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 Remington R1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silverback Posted - June 21 2017 : 8:39:24 PM
Just picked one up in a trade if you have one any problems?Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
silverback Posted - June 29 2017 : 12:51:56 PM
Great idea i started about 5 years ago giving a few to family and friends instead of waiting for my passing i get to see the joy they bring there new owners(have to keep a few for trading with Evan)
Pop Pop Posted - June 29 2017 : 08:11:58 AM
I purchased an R1 two Christmases ago. Had intentions of blazing away with it. First 1911 I have ever purchased. I am really not a big fan of 1911's, but always wanted one. I am a 357 wheel gun man. I have shot several 1911's and some were not very reliable.

My 7 year old grandson was with me, at the purchase, and stuck with me for 2 hours, while Bass Pro was covered up because of a big Xmas sale. After rebate and all discounts I walked with the R1 for 452.00 OTD. My grandson was so appreciative of the experience, I told him I would give him the 1911, when he was big enough, and wrote his name on the box. Every year when he visits he wants to see the gun. I have never fired it and want it to be new in the box when he takes it. He has been deer and rabbit hunting, with his father in South Carolina, and I intend to give him my Marlin 30 30 and Mossberg 500 20 Ga when we visit in July.

I have decided to give my life time collection away to my children and grandchildren before I pass on. I have a 410 my father purchased for me, for my 7th birthday, in 1955. Also have all of his gun collection.

It is a hard thing to do because I have enjoyed all of my guns, but time marches on.
Arvinator Posted - June 22 2017 : 11:24:11 AM
Short trigger, actually smoother, and I'm a no frills kind of guy so milspec is fine as long as it's reliable and mine has been very thus far.
silverback Posted - June 22 2017 : 09:07:33 AM
I also had a Ruger in my case after it broke the front sight for the third time that was enough.Ran 300 rounds threw the Remington last night no problems.I think i will let Marianne Carniak work her magic on it could make a good pin gun.
LittleBill Posted - June 22 2017 : 07:04:36 AM
What were the differences between the Ruger and the Remington that motivated you to switch?
Arvinator Posted - June 21 2017 : 9:44:43 PM
I have a stainless ( Not the enhanced version) pretty much mil-spec. Thus far been a very good 1911. I got rid of my Ruger SR1911 after I shot the Remington.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.2seconds. Snitz Forums 2000